Hello there

Instagram

Monday, November 7, 2016

October Favourites


I am beyond excited to be starting this new series on my blog. You see YouTube videos all the time on monthly favourites and since I don't really do a lot of YouTube videos besides travelogues I thought I would do a monthly favourites but in blog posts. 

It's already November (where has the time gone?!) and so this means it's time for an October favourites post. These items are not only ones I have been loving in the month of October but I have loved some for months and months but since this is the first post I'm starting, I thought I would lump all of them together into one post to kick start this series. So without further ado, let's get started!



If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll have probably seen my Night Time Skin Care Routine for Acne-Prone Skin but I have loved the COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pads for a very long time. They exfoliate my skin gently, help keep my acne at bay and help heal any current acne spots I have on my face. If you're ever in Korea and you suffer from acne prone skin, be sure to check this product out! 


A really great eye makeup remover that I've been loving is the Mango Seed Lip & Eye Makeup Remover from The Face Shop. Just soak a cotton pad with this makeup remover, press it onto your eyes for 10 seconds then gently swipe the pad downwards and it removes any eye makeup really easily and effectively. It doesn't make my eyes sting as well. 


I've been on the lookout for a good illuminating face primer for days when I want an extra glow on my face and I think I have found it in this primer. The L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer has been a great primer in giving my face that really healthy glow. I used this on my ROM day and everyone who saw photos of me that day all said that I had a really nice glow w ich they attributed to the fact that I am in love and just tied the knot with my husband. Whilst that is very true, I also know better and I am 100% it's due to this primer.


I have never really splurged on high end makeup because I am a firm believer in drugstore makeup and I am always on the look out for good dupes for high end makeup from the drugstore. Many people say that the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is a close dupe to the Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer and while I cannot attest to that claim, I can say that this is a really good concealer. I love using it to conceal my dark eye circles and any dark acne spots on my face and its coverage is pretty awesome. It doesn't cake throughout the day, lasts a long time and does the trick at concealing. Further more, it doesn't cost a bomb. What's not to love?


I have been slowly falling in love with matte lip sticks and when I was in the UK, I picked up a bunch from Sleek. The Matte Me Lip Creams were really affordable and the colour payoff was insane so I was really excited to give them a try. I've tried 2 different colours and I really love this one in the shade Birthday Suit. It's like my lip colour but better and in a matte formula. It isn't very drying and feels relatively comfortable on my dry lips and it does dry to a matte finish which not all matte lip products actually do. I can't wait to give all the other shades I have a try when my lips stop acting up!


This brush has literally changed my makeup game, for sure. I have been using the ELF Complexion Brush for the longest time and while I really love using it as a blush, some times I find that it picks up too much product and if I don't tap the excess off properly, my cheeks look like a baboon's bum. So when I picked this Real Techniques Blush Brush up, and finally gave it a shot, I fell head over heels in love with it the first time I used it. it is so soft and it doesn't pick up a ton of product at one go so I can properly build up the blush to the intensity I want. I love it. This brush has literally made even the most pigmented blush a dream to apply.


I have always been a fingers-kind-of-girl when it comes to applying liquid foundation because I find the standard foundation brush leaves a ton of streaks on my face and I really can't be bothered to blend out the streaks. When I finally cracked open my Coastal Scents brush set and picked up the Flat Buffer Brush just to see if I would like applying liquid foundation with a brush, I was in shock. I loved this brush. It buffs my foundation onto my skin flawlessly, without streaks at all and my makeup looks so much more professionally done than when I used just my fingers. This has changed my foundation game.


The third and final brush that I really have been loving is the Fan Brush from Wet n Wild. This has make applying powder highlighters so much easier. Because of how thin it is, I don't get highlighter everywhere and it helps with a precise application that isn't very harsh. I also really love how affordable this is. I got it directly from the Wet n Wild website and shipped it to Singapore and it only costs US$2.99.


My lips have been acting up like crazy recently and whenever I start developing a cold sore, I know that I'm falling sick. One way I've been doing to combat that cold sore is to first apply my Blistex and top it up with Burt's Bees lip balm. I've been using 2 interchangeably, 1 in the hydrating formula with coconut & pear and the other in vitamin & peppermint, I have to say I like the peppermint one more because I love the minty feeling my lips get whenever I apply it but both are equally hydrating and they keep my cold sore from becoming a lot worse.


Now on to the final 2 items and they are both fragrances. I have really been loving the Zoella Beauty Let's Spritz Fragranced Body Spray. I love the smell of this body spray! It's fruity but not too sweet and it just smells great if you want a fun and fresh scent. According to the Feelunique site, it contains raspberry and cassis so that's the notes in this fragrance if you're wondering what it smells like.


My last item is the Sheer Love Eau de Toilette from Victoria's Secret. I have had this perfume for the longest time but I've never opened it to give it a whiff before. So when I finally did so, boy was I surprised at how much I liked this scent. It is floral (I am horrible at describing scents) and it lasts a long long time. I can't say that a lot of fragrances last on my skin but this one does last longer than the rest. I love it for nights out when I want a slightly stronger scent that I know will linger on me even if I don't bring the bottle out to respray. 


And that is all for my October Favourites! I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I can't wait to do more favourite posts. Thank you so much for reading! x

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...