Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Night Time Skin Care Routine for Acne-Prone Skin

I have spots every once in a while, usually around that time of the month, but I do get random "bursts" of acne on my face where a whole bunch of spots appear, usually around my chin or cheek area, and boy do these spots HURT. I suffered from one such episode recently and after trying out combinations of different products for the past 2 months, I think I can safely say that I have figured out what works not only to stop new spots from appearing, but to help heal those spots quickly as well. If you're interested in finding out what worked for me, please carry on reading!


I will usually start off my night time skin care routine with a makeup remover. I wear makeup on a daily basis so removing makeup properly is very important in helping keep your skin free from spots. To remove my eye makeup, I'm currently loving The Face Shop's Mango Seed Lip & Eye Makeup Remover. It removes my makeup super quickly and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. For removing my base makeup, I am currently using Tony Moly's Aquaporin Sherbet Cleanser. I just did up a review on this but to sum it up, this does the trick in removing base makeup but I'm not a huge fan of the greasy feeling left on my face.



I always do a double cleanse so after removing my makeup with a makeup remover, I go in with a facial cleanser. I usually use whichever facial cleanser I have and the one I am using at the moment is from The Face Shop and it is the Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam


I don't know if I have mentioned this product on my blog but I have recently re-added back my holy grail clay mask into my skin care routine. I have been in love with Lush's Mask of Magnaminty for years and no matter how many different kinds of clay masks I try, I always go back to this one. It works so well at sucking out all the gunk from my pores, calming down angry red spots and it keeps my skin clear. I like to use this once to twice a week depending on how much time I have on hand.



I have added a new step into my skin care routine and I think it really helps with hydrating my skin and prepping my skin for the next skin care product I pack on and it is to spritz a facial mist right after I get out of the shower. I spritz it all over my face, pat it into my skin, then wait for it to dry. The facial mist I am using at the moment is the Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray.


The next step is to use a toner. I am in love with the Boots Botanics Cleansing Toner All Bright and I cannot rave enough about this toner. This has got to be my holy grail. It isn't hydrating (which is why the facial mist helps) but it brightens my skin amazingly. My skin never looks dull whenever I add this into my skin care routine. I have finished 4 bottles and I have 2 more in my stash. 


This step is probably one of the more crucial ones which helps keep my skin as spot free as my skin can be. I like to use the COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad every other night and I find that this really helps to reduce breakouts and to help the spots on my face heal faster. I don't use this every night because it does dry out my skin and I believe it's this drying effect which helps dry out the spots so they heal a lot faster.


I then use an essence on my face and the one I am using at the moment is from Missha and it is the Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive. I want to do a proper review on this product because I really love having this in my routine but I find that this essence helps to calm my skin down, improve its texture and it adds a glow to my skin. All good things.


While I typically use a serum after using an essence, I found myself skipping this step altogether in the past few months because I haven't found one I like in my collection. But feel free to use any serums you like at this point in time. 

I then apply aloe vera gel on the areas where I have spots and scars because I find that it helps calm the infected areas down. I am onto my 2nd tub of the Aloe Vera Soothing Gel from Nature Republic. It's so inexpensive and it comes in a huge tub which takes forever to finish. I'm not complaining though!


The last step in my skin care routine is either a moisturiser or a facial oil. When my skin isn't particularly dry, I use the Shea Butter Steam Cream (Moist) from Nature Republic. I am not a huge fan of this cream because it feels super heavy on my skin. Mostly, I'm just trying to finish this and because of how it feels on my skin, I find that it is more suitable for night time use than in the day time. When my skin feels more dry than normal, I go in with a facial oil and the one I am using is the Mango Seed Heart Volume Radiance Face Oil from The Face Shop. It is really light, doesn't feel greasy or heavy on my face and it does the trick in hydrating my skin properly throughout the night. 



And that's all folks! That's my whole skin care routine. I can't claim to say that it will work for everyone but I find that it really helped clear my skin up. Every time I meet my best friend, she always says that my skin is getting better and better which really makes me happy because 2 months ago, my face was in a really bad state and I felt so self-conscious every time I went out. I hope this post helps in crafting our your own skin care routine! Thank you so much for reading! x

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...