Hello there

Instagram

Monday, May 27, 2019

Review | Innisfree Blueberry Rebalancing Skin

Toners, or "Skin" as the Korean brands like to name them, have been an integral part of my skincare routine for as long as I can remember. When I first started using skincare products when I was in my teens, toners were usually astringents meant for cleaning the skin and making them less oily. These days, I steer clear from those kind of toners because I realise how important it is to not strip the skin of its natural oils and to instead, always aim to add moisture back into the skin.


Today, I'm going to be talking about a toner that is very highly raved about, many people love it including me, and is something I cannot live without these days. And yes, like the title states above, I'm going to be talking about Innisfree's Blueberry Rebalancing Skin.




The Blueberry Rebalancing Skin is part of Innisfree's super food line which is formulated with superior natural ingredients from Jeju island to deliver remarkable value to the skin. The blueberry rebalancing line aims to help regulate the pH balance of the skin to pH 5.5 to relax the skin and to help ensure a proper balance of oil and moisture.

The watery formula of the toner gently penetrates the skin to deliver moisture and leaves the skin feel fresh. It is formulated with blueberry extracts which are rich in antioxidants to support healthy and firm skin. It is blended with Propanediol derived from corn to enhance skin's moisture level and strengthen the skin barrier. Glycerin helps to balance the skin and keep it hydrated for long periods of time.


First things first, I love the minimal packaging, which is something the super foods line in Innisfree boasts. The toner comes in a bottle that is minimalistic, transparent, and looks great on my vanity. It comes in a 3 sizes (150ml/350ml/500ml) and I got the biggest one. I've finished up a good half of it already so you know I've been using this religiously for sure. It comes with a simple flip top which makes it easy to dispense the product. There are also markings on the side of the bottle so you can keep track of how much product is left.


The toner appears slightly cloudy inside the bottle but when you dispense it onto a cotton pad or onto your hand, it's actually transparent. It feels like water on the skin and doesn't have much viscosity to it at all. It has an amazing scent, very slightly citrus (I believe) but the scent doesn't linger on your face when you apply it. It gets absorbed into my skin really quickly and it leaves my skin looking a little bit dewy.


My favourite way to use this toner is as a mist so I'll dispense the toner into a mist bottle, then spray around 3 layers of this onto my face day and night. So I'll spray one layer on, pat the toner into my skin, then repeat 2 more times.

When my skin feels extra dry/dull, I'll use this as a mask pack. I'll soak cotton pads with this toner, then apply them to my cheeks, forehead and chin area and leave them on for around 5-10 minutes before proceeding with the rest of my skincare routine.

Immediately after applying the toner on to my skin. 

After my skin absorbs the toner.

I checked the ingredients on CosDNA and there were only 2 ingredients that were potential irritants. Butylene Glycol is a solvent that may potentially cause acne for some people; and Carbomer is used to control the viscosity and may potentially irritate the skin. I have been using this toner for quite a while and have seen no negative effects from it.

I really, really, like this toner. I like how it's very lightweight so I can layer multiple layers on my skin without feeling like my skin is suffocated, yet it is hydrating enough on some days I feel I can get away with just layering this on my skin and finishing up with sunblock. It brightens my skin, evens out the texture, doesn't cause any irritation or acne to form, and just feels super comfortable on my skin. All in all, I would repurchase this toner for sure (and almost did so even though I still had half the bottle left) and I don't say that lightly because I get bored of products really quickly and easily.

This is the first item I've tried from the Innisfree's blueberry super food line so I can't wait to try the rest of them. There are some highly recommended products within that line (cleanser, lotion and sun cream) so I'll keep this space posted once I've tried them~

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...