Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, May 16, 2019

K Beauty Products I Am Excited To Try (Part 2)

I am back with another "K Beauty Products I Am Excited To Try" because there are sooo many products that I picked up that I legit can't wait to finally try. I went to Seoul recently, shopped way too much, picked up a lot of new products both from brands I've never tried before and brands I have tried before, and these are what I am most excited to try.

(Credit: x)



One of the things I needed to stock up on were sunscreens. I use sunscreens on a daily basis, even when all I'm doing is lounging at home so sunscreens are a must for my everyday use. One of the sunscreens I was on the look out for is A'pieu's Pure Block Daily Sun Cream. It won an award on Get It Beauty and when I tried it on my skin, it felt lightweight, non-stick, and most importantly it did not leave a white cast on my skin.

(Credit: x)

Another sunscreen I was excited to try is Dr G's Airy Skin Up. Pollution is something we face on a daily basis, especially if you live in a city like I do. This sun block claims to protect your skin against pollution, has a very lightweight texture, doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and once again, doesn't leave a white cast. These days sun screens which leave a white cast on my face annoys me to no end, especially when I don't put makeup on so the white cast looks ghastly on my face.

(Credit: x)

Innisfree is one of my all time favourite Korean beauty brands and whenever they launch a new product, I am almost always interested to give it a shot. I remembered reading up some where that sulphur is actually a really great ingredient for acne-prone skin. Sulphur is supposedly antiseptic and also helps to exfoliate the skin. Innisfree's Derma Formula Sebum Clean Gel can be used all over the skin to help control sebum production, or as a spot treatment (which is how I intend to use this). I didn't find many reviews of this product online so I'm intrigued to see how my skin will react to this product.

(Credit: x)

Goodal is also a new brand to my collection. I first came across this brand watching Liah Yoo's YouTube channel and she was reviewing overhyped skin care products. One product in particular stood out to me and it was the Green Tangerine Vita C Dark Spot Serum. It is of no surprise to anyone that I'm always on the hunt for brightening products to help with my pigmentation so I'm drawn to brightening products like a magpie to shiny things. This contains 70% of vitamin C from green tangerine which is apparently less harsh on the skin. I have high hopes for this product.

(Credit: x)

One product that I was excited to try (but the salesperson gave me the wrong one *shifty eyes*) is from Tony Moly which is a brand I have never explored into before actually. I have never been intrigued by any of Tony Moly's products before and therefore, have never really ventured into their stores even. But one of the products that I have noticed being constantly talked about is The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream (which was the one I wanted to get but the sales person got me the Intense version instead). It is supposed to be a lightweight, hydrating cream suitable even for people with oily skin. I guess I'll be reviewing the intense version instead?

(Credit: x)

Another moisturiser that is recommended for oily skin is Primera's Alpine Berry Watery Cream. For quite a while, I skipped moisturisers totally and just ended my skincare routine with a serum because I didn't like how moisturisers felt on my skin. The idea was that since I've already layered more watery stuff like toners and serums, then why do I need a cream right? Wrong. Moisturisers are important to lock in the moisture and goodness of all the layers of products you've put on your skin. Think of toners and serums as products that sink into your skin and penetrate the deeper layers of your skin. Moisturisers sit on top of your skin to prevent the loss of natural moisture from the skin plus all of the other products you've been applying. So I've been trying to incorporate moisturisers into my routine and I'm starting with the ones that are definitely lightweight but high in moisture.

(Credit: x)

Another skin care step that I've been trying to incorporate into my routine is the double cleanse even when I'm not wearing makeup. Oil cleansing even when I'm not wearing any makeup is still a pretty foreign step to me although I understand the benefits of doing so. It still isn't muscle-memory for me to do so, so most days I end up skipping the oil cleansing totally and just doing the water cleansing. But! In an effort to get better skin, I will add yet another step into my skin care routine. NEOGEN's new Real Cica Micellar Cleansing Oil was on my list of items to get and I was glad I got it on sale in Olive Young.

And with that I leave you with 7 other products to try. Should I do a part 3?

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...