Hello there

Instagram

Monday, May 13, 2019

K Beauty Products I Am Excited To Try (Part 1)

I have recently came back from a trip to Seoul and boy did I really go ham on the shopping. I have a list in my phone of all the things I have come across and want to try, complied from many YouTube videos or just good old fashioned blog posts and whenever I head to Seoul, I stock up on all the items I want to try. This trip was no exception.

I have actually neatly packed them into my drawers (I didn't think about doing a post on them oops) so instead of taking them out, taking photos of them and then packing them back, I'm just going to google image of them and place them here. Of course, I'm not going to talk about all of them but I'll talk about the ones I'm most excited about trying. I have included links to the products if you're interested in picking any of them up~


In no particular order...

(Credit: x)

I have heard so many people rave about Laneige's Cream Skin Refiner and I was so intrigued to try it out for myself. This redefines the whole idea of what makes up a toner and a moisturiser because this product has a whole bottom of cream melted into the toner which probably aims to give the best of both worlds - a really hydrating toner or a very light cream, or both. I am indeed, very excited to try this once I finish some of the open items I have on my vanity.

(Credit: x)

I have always wanted to give Huxley's products a try. There's something about the minimalistic packaging that just draws me in like bees to honey. While walking down Garosugil, we chanced upon Huxley's store and decided to pop in to take a look. The displays for the products were so extra and if you're ever in the area, I strongly urge you to take a look because each product was displayed like a piece of art. One of the products I got from Huxley is the Secret of Sahara Sleep Mask; Good Night which is a sleeping mask which aims to replenish moisture in the skin, soothe it and strengthens your skin barrier. I can't wait to give it a try!

(Credit: x)


A brand I've been on the lookout for is Nakeup Face and I finally chanced upon it in a small corner of Hongdae's Lalala on literally the last night we were in Seoul. I have heard good things about the Nakeup Face Stress 0 Toner from Edward Avila on YouTube and as the name suggests, it's supposedly really good for rebalancing the skin's pH levels, calming acne-prone skin, and moisturising the skin. I've been into applying multiple layers of toner on my skin because I find that it makes my skin a lot more plump, and I don't have to apply thick layers of cream after that so this toner should be a great one to do the "7 skin method".

(Credit: x)

Artemisia, otherwise known as mugwort, is an ingredient that's all the rage right now in Korea. Many brands are coming up with products with Artemisia as the active ingredient. Artemisia is known for its anti-inflammatory, purification, and restorative properties to remove redness and swelling from the skin. I picked up Hanyul's Pure Artemisia Watery Calming Toner frankly because it was on sale in Olive Young or LOHBs and I've personally never tried any of Hanyul's products before so I'm quite stoked to give this a shot.

(Credit: x)

(Credit: x)

Another brand that is new to me is Make P:rem, I saw it when I first went to the Olive Young in Myeongdong and there were mad sales for some of their products so I swopped them up without thinking. When I went back and did some research, I'm pretty glad to see that they were highly recommended ones! The ones I picked up were the Low-Irritant and Mild Acid Foam (they were having a 1+1 for this!), and the Safe Me. Relief Moisture Green Ampoule. This line is supposedly contains green propolis which is good for healing damaged skin, calming irritated skin, and strengthening the skin barrier. 

(Credit: x)

Last but definitely not least, I got the Blemish Care Solution Pads from Bella Monster in either Olive Young or LOHBs. I first chanced upon this brand when watching Soo Beauty's channel on YouTube. She has acne-prone skin like I do so since they worked for her, I wanted to see if they would work for me too. These pads are soaked with vitamin c which is really good for lightening pigmentation (of which I have loads of).

If I were to be honest, these products barely scratch the surface of how much shopping I did. However, I didn't want to do up a very lengthy post so I'll leave you with this for the time being. I'll do up additional posts on what other products I'm excited to try in time to come but that's all for now!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...