Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Review | 3CE Cream Blusher in #New Pink


I have had this blusher for quite a while but I never opened it simply because it's a cream blusher. I don't typically use cream products (blusher or otherwise) because I always felt that they were a hassle to use and like what blending tools am I supposed to use to blend them out (I don't own a beauty blender which seems to be what the majority of the people using cream products use)? But one day, I decided to just bite the bullet and give it a shot because this colour, when swatched on my hand, is gorgeous and so, here are my thoughts on this product.



I bought the 3CE Cream Blusher in the shade #New Pink because while I do occasionally use peach/purple blushers, I find that cool toned pink blushers suit my skin tone the best. 3CE has 3 other shades of blushers, #Coral Coral, #Soft Orange, and #Baby Peach so if you're looking for a orange blusher than one of these other shades may just be the one you're looking for. This shade in #New Pink is a lovely cool-toned, baby pink shade which is exactly what I was looking for.


Ignore the slide opening of the packaging, I've had it for a while and I think the glue sticking the wrapper to the tube is wearing off but the blusher comes in a tube (containing 20g) with a matte black wrapper with the colour of the blusher at the bottom. It comes with a slim funnel-like tip which give you more control and makes dispensing the right amount of product really easy. 

There is surprisingly no scent to the product which is great for people who are sensitive to scents. 


The blusher is a cream like texture (well it does say cream blusher) which spreads very easily and blends like a dream. I find that blending the blusher with my fingers gives me the best results. The colour pigmentation is crazy and less is more so make sure you start with just a pea size amount and add on if it isn't enough instead of going in with a heavy hand right from the start.

The finish is a demi-matte finish, there's no real dewiness to it, but it doesn't look matte either but it leaves my cheeks looking healthy and glowy. It doesn't come off chalky, it doesn't sink into my pores or cake up which is amazing.


Cream products are known to last a lot longer than powder products and this is definitely no exception. It lasted on my face for a good 10 hours and I believe it would have lasted a lot longer if I didn't remove my makeup at the 10h mark. It doesn't transfer at all (see bottom photo) and is smudge proof as well.

A funny story is that I applied the blusher on my hand to take the photos below and I went to work with it on my hand because I forgot to remove it with makeup remover. At the end of a 6h work shift which involves washing a lot of things, some of the blusher was still visible on my hand which is crazy. I can safely say that it's definitely water-resistant though I won't go so far as to say it's waterproof because I have yet to put it to that test. But after 6h, that's crazy.


 I took a couple of photos to show how it turns up on my skin and as you can tell, it looks pretty natural and it does make my skin look a lot brighter.



 Overall:

PROS:

  • Travel friendly
  • Slim tip makes for good control of dispensing product
  • No scent
  • Spreads and blends easily
  • Amazing pigmentation
  • Not chalky
  • Does not sink into pores or cake up
  • Lasted 10h on my skin
  • Smudge-proof and doesn't transfer
  • Water resistant
  • Brightens my skin tone


CONS:

  • Best blended with fingers (a bit of a hassle)
  • May be too pale for people with deeper skin tones
  • Need practice to know where to apply

In short, I love this product. It is a bit of a hassle because you do have to use your fingers to blend it out and it does take a bit of practice to properly blend out the product but I think I did okay the first time I used it so it really isn't that hard. Definitely, using powder blushers are a lot easier because you can just use a brush but if you want something that definitely lasts a lot longer and has crazy pigmentation then this blusher is that one for you. On days when I know I'll be out for a long time, I find myself reaching for this blusher because I know it'll still be there at the end of the day and that really says a lot. Thank you so much for reading and I hope this review helps! x


You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...