Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Review | Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive


Ever since I've tried my first beauty essence, I've been addicted to them and I really see the difference that they make to my skin. Beauty essences generally aim to improve the condition of your skin. For me, a good essence brightens my overall skin tone, makes my skin feel smoother and softer, hydrates my skin and help reduce the number of spots I get on my skin whenever it's that time of the month.

Today, I'm going to be talking about Missha's Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive and if you're interested in what I have to say then please carry on reading.




This essence is one of Missha's star products and if you're interested in trying out Missha's products, then this is definitely one you should try. Essences are like water, and is used after your facial cleanser and before any serums or ampoules. I like to use this after a facial mist and toner instead of directly after a cleanser but it really depends on what you include in your skincare routine. Just follow the general rule of using the lightest products first and the heaviest ones last.

This essence is to be used as the first step of skin care to recover skin rhythm and to make skin more radiant and healthy by raising skin moisture and radiance level. It contains 80% fermented yeast extract.

This essence claims to do the following: soothing, smoothing, balance sebum level, moisturising, improving skin tone, firming, wrinkle repair and boosting.


This essence comes in a translucent glass bottle with a silver plastic screw top. While the glass makes it feel luxurious and expensive, it does reduce the travel friendliness of the product and I find myself choosing to leave this bottle at home instead of bringing it overseas with me whenever I travel. It contains 150ml which is pretty substantial and it lasted me a good 6-8 months (I can't remember the exact number of months) and I use it both day and night.

Essences are usually transparent liquids which typically feel like water and are very lightweight and this is no different. I usually dispense a bit of product on my hand, rub both my palms together then pat this all over my face and my skin drinks it up instantly. It does not leave any greasy, or sticky residue at all. There is a very slight fermented scent to this essence which is to be expected but it's very light and only noticeable if you stick your nose really close to sniff.


What I notice when I first started using this was that my skin became a lot less dry and flakey. My skin isn't usually extremely dry but every once in a while, it goes into a dry stage where I have to layer on skin care in order to revive it but after using this essence, my skin hasn't been dry since and this is the only new thing I changed so I attribute the increase in hydration levels to this essence which is surprising because you wouldn't think a water-like substance would help with hydration but this did.

After using for 2-3 weeks, I noticed my skin becoming brighter and clearer, with less redness around my nose. My skin felt firmer and smoother, it also helped to clear away any tiny bumps my face develops every once in a while. My pimples also healed faster and the resulting scars clear a lot faster as well. All these didn't happen immediately though, it took a while for me to notice the result so if you've just started using this and don't notice any results, persevere for a few more weeks and hopefully you'll see the results like I did.




Overall:

PROS:

  • Lightweight, skin absorbs quickly
  • Not sticky/greasy
  • Not much of a scent
  • Hydrating
  • Firmed skin
  • Smoothens skin texture
  • Spots and scars heal faster
  • Reduces redness on the face
  • Did not break me out
  • Not tested on animals


CONS:

  • Slightly pricey (but way) cheaper than SKII's!
  • Not very travel friendly
  • Didn't really help with sebum control

All in all, I really like this essence. I don't know yet whether it's HG status or not but I like how my skin is whenever I use this. I have since finished this bottle but I know there's a new one in the market which is the moist version instead of the intensive one and I am looking forward to giving that one a shot. I would say for someone who is looking to improve the overall condition of the face, this is a great one to try out because it is a lot less pricey than say SKII's Treatment Essence and it does work (for my skin at least) but if you're looking for very dramatic results then this may disappoint. I do like it but I'm also on the hunt for more essences to try. Thank you so much for reading and I hope this review helped in some way! x


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...