Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Review | Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation


While my love for cushion foundations will never fully die, I have been more inclined towards liquid foundations recently simply because of the higher coverage liquid foundations (in general) provide. Cushion foundations are great for people with near perfect skin but not so great for people with loads of skin issues *cough* me *cough*. So in a bid to find the perfect liquid foundation, I stumbled on the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. If you're interested to in knowing my thoughts on this then please carry on reading.





The Healthy Mix Foundation is a foundation meant to provide a healthy glow and a flawless complexion as well as hydrated and luminous skin for up to 16 hours. It is enriched with a fruit therapy formula; Apricot for radiance, Melon for hydration and Apple to protect your youth. It also contains crystalline pigments for an even complexion and healthy glow.

The foundation comes in a transparent glass bottle with a pump and transparent plastic cover. I love foundations which come with a pump because it makes dispensing the product a lot easier and more hygienic. The glass bottle, however, makes the foundation a bit less travel friendly because glass breaks easier than plastic.

Ingredient list:


The foundation has a fruity scent which is amazing. I love a nice smelling foundation but if you're not one who likes scents in products, then you'll be happy to know that the scent actually disappears after application.

This foundation has a medium coverage and it is buildable to a medium-full coverage. I like to apply 2 layers on days when I need a bit more coverage than usual but most days I apply only 1 layer and use concealer to conceal any other problem areas I may have. It offers a dewy/satin finish which gives the skin such a healthy glow, it's insane. Every time I use this foundation, I get compliments from my friends about how healthy my skin looks, even when I have been having late nights so I'm pretty sure it's this foundation that helps my skin look amazing even when it doesn't.


I'm using the shade 51 Light Vanilla which is a perfect match for my skin. I went onto the Bourjois website and found out that they have 8 shades with 51 Light Vanilla being the lightest so people who are fairer than I am may have problems finding a perfect shade match. The foundation is very light on the skin, blends easily, doesn't crease and it doesn't emphasise any large pores which is great. It does cling slightly to dry patches on my face but nothing too crazy.

It does move around slightly if I touch my face when I don't set it with a powder but be sure not to over powder your face because it makes the foundation look cakey if you do so. A light dusting of powder on my t-zone is really all I need.


On important days when I know I'll be taking a lot of photos, I always reach for this foundation and although it doesn't last a very long time, it does look pretty good for up to 6 hours so be strategic when it comes to using this foundation. Don't apply it too early if you know you're going to be out for a long time. Below are a couple of photos I took 4 hours after application and it does still look pretty good considering I didn't powder it or apply a primer beforehand.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Comes with a pump
  • Fruity scent
  • Medium coverage and buildable
  • Dewy/satin finish
  • Gives skin a healthy glow
  • Natural looking
  • Lightweight
  • Blends easily
  • Doesn't crease or emphasise pores
  • Not sticky
  • Not drying on the skin
  • Lasts for up to 6h before starting to fade
  • Does not break me out


CONS:

  • Clings slightly to dry patches on the face
  • Does move around on the face slightly
  • Transfers slightly
  • Doesn't cover all imperfections
  • Does not last the promised 16h


I have to say this is probably my favourite liquid foundation of the moment. It is relatively inexpensive, gives my skin such an amazing naturally healthy glow, isn't drying the slightest, and lasts an okay amount of time. I love it and I have been recommending this to everyone around me. Definitely check this foundation out if you haven't already. Thank you so much for reading and I'll catch you in the next one! x

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...