Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Review | Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock SPF 50+ PA+++


Sunblocks are a daily necessity. I don't know if what I'm doing is overkill but I wear sunblock even if I'm staying at home and not heading out that day. UV rays harm our skin in so many ways and UVA rays are able to penetrate both windows and clothes so I feel it's always better to be safe than sorry.

That being said, I have always been on the lookout for good sunblocks. A good sunblock to me, is one that doesn't leave any white/grey cast on my skin, isn't too heavy on the skin (I can deal with sunblocks that aren't totally lightweight but they cannot be too heavy), and most importantly, doesn't affect my makeup application. I don't always wear a primer so the fact that it doesn't affect the application and longevity of my makeup is very important.

Google "Innisfree Sunblock" and the first few ones that pop up are always the Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock SPF 50+ PA+++ so I thought I would give this one a shot and here are my thoughts on this product.



Ingredient list:


It comes in a yellow plastic squeeze tube, with a white plastic cap and this tube contains 50ml of product which is a decent amount. This particular sunblock is formulated to be long lasting. It claims to be a long lasting and advanced sunscreen for optimum UV defence made from organic sunflower oil. Sunblocks are usually applied as the last step of your morning skin care routine, right before you start applying your makeup.

The first thing that is great about this sunblock is that it is SPF50+ and PA+++. I like my sunblocks to be as strong a defence against UV rays as possible without having the constant need to reapply because come on, honestly who has the time to reapply sunblock especially with a full face of makeup on? Also, this sunblock is formulated with Innisfree's famous "5 free" formula, which means that it is made without mineral oil, animal ingredients, synthetic fragrance,  artificial dye parabens.


The sunblock itself is pretty lightweight and doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all. It is also non-sticky and non-greasy to boot. While I don't usually care about how heavy sunblocks feel on the skin or whether they are sticky or greasy because I usually apply makeup over it and I don't touch my face so stickiness and greasiness doesn't bother me much, I am definitely thankful that this doesn't affect my makeup application. My makeup stays on my face perfectly fine and doesn't slip and slide around.

It has a tiny hole where the sunblock comes out from which is great because I never have the issue of dispensing too much product at once. The scent of the sunblock isn't too strong and is somewhat citrusy with a tinge of the usual sunblock scent (you know what I'm talking about). It doesn't linger for long on the skin after application.


The main reason why this sunblock as quickly become one of my favourites is because it doesn't leave a white cast on my face at all. I have another Innisfree sunblock (I believe it is the Eco Safety No Sebum Sunblock) and it leaves the worse white cast on my face. I cannot apply that sunblock without applying makeup over because my face looks so white and pale afterwards so this sunblock is definitely a step up from that one. Did I mention also that it isn't drying on the skin at all?

It does leave a slightly dewy finish on the face which is great because I'm more of a fan of the dewy face look than a matte one because of my dry skin. If you're applying this sunblock on without makeup and you don't like a dewy finish then you can always easily use a piece of tissue paper to blot off the oil, or to just swipe a bit of translucent powder on top to reduce the shine.


 Overall:

PROS:

  • Reasonable price point
  • "5-free"
  • Travel friendly
  • Light, citrus scent
  • Non-sticky, non-greasy
  • Lightweight
  • No white cast
  • Non-drying
  • Protects my skin from UVA and UVB rays
  • Slightly dewy finish
  • Doesn't break me out


CONS:

  • Not waterproof


I am more than halfway through this tube and I love it. It doesn't break me out, doesn't cause milia seeds, and I haven't gotten any tanner (even when I was in BKK) since I've used this which is a pretty great indicator that the SPF50+ is working well to protect my skin. I also love how long it lasts on my skin. Even if I apply it at 7.30am, I don't find it fading away throughout the day. All in all, I think this is a great sunblock especially considering the price.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...