Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Review | Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer


I don't know about you but it is incredibly hard to get our hands on products from the brand Physicians Formula here in Singapore. I don't usually like to buy products from online stores because I know they mark up the prices and also, how certain can you be that the products sold there are actually from the brand and not fakes? So when I found myself in Canada a few months back, I knew I had to scout the drug stores to find Physicians Formula and I got lucky with one of them. I managed to snag myself both the Butter Bronzer and the Bronze Booster.

Today, I'll only be talking about my thoughts on the Butter Bronzer but be sure to keep your eyes peeled on this space if you want to read about my thoughts on the Bronze Booster!




The Butter Bronzer comes housed in the most summery packaging ever. The packaging is bright purple and green in colour, with leaves all over and a transparent plastic cover so you can see the product inside. The packaging itself is plastic and pretty sturdy, although I do have to point out that it is somewhat bulky due to the fact that it has 2 compartments inside, one being the pan with the bronzer and another one underneath it housing the mirror and the applicator.

When you open the packaging, I'm pretty sure the first thing that hits you is the smell. The bronzer has a very distinct coconuty/pina colada smell that reminds of sunscreen and beaches and holidays. I am no fan of coconuts but this smell is very yummy. It is for this sole reason that I find myself reaching for this bronzer almost every single time. All other bronzers have been relegated to the back seat.


This bronzer contains a whooping 0.38 oz. or 11g which is a lot of product. It also has a very lovely 3D swirl pattern in the pan which while doesn't value add to the actual application of the bronzer, is still something I appreciate aesthetically.

As mentioned, it does come with a decent sized mirror which I actually don't really use because it's a hassle to swirl my brush in the pan, then flip the pan up to use the mirror at the bottom. That being said, the mirror also doesn't stand on its own because with the pan being on top of the layer with the mirror, the compact tends to flip over so if you were hoping for a mirror which you're able to prop up and use, then you might want to look elsewhere.

The bronzer comes with a green sponge applicator which as you can tell, I haven't used yet. It's still in pristine condition and in its plastic packaging because I prefer using a brush to apply my bronzers. I haven't tried it so I can't say for sure if the applicator is a good one.


I got mine in the shade light bronzer and I think it is perfect for my skin tone. It has a slightly yellow undertone, especially when compared  to the bronze booster which has a warmer undertone but it doesn't look orange on the skin at all.

It isn't the most pigmented bronzer, especially since I picked it up in a very light shade but it definitely is buildable. If you want a soft, warm, bronzed look, or to use this to lightly contour your face, this is amazing. If you want a more chiselled look, just apply more of this bronzer and it will get you there. I usually do a light layer for the day time and for the night time, I just apply more and it looks so pretty on the face.

There is a very light shimmer, more like a sheen actually, nothing crazy like glitter, so it does provide a nice glow to the face.

The powder is super finely milled and it feels so soft and almost creamy in the pan. It blends so well on the skin and is so easy to apply. You won't get any patchiness whatsoever. It is just so... buttery. Get the pun?


I get at least 6-7 hours of wear with this bronzer with zero fallouts, zero. It could be due to the fact that the colour is so light that even if I did get any fall outs, it wouldn't be obvious at all.

Here I did a swatch with the bronze booster (right) and you can tell that the colour is definitely slightly more yellow than the bronze booster but definitely not yellow or orangey at all.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Sturdy packaging
  • Comes with a mirror
  • Smells amazing
  • Contains quite a lot of product
  • Offers a warm, subtle, glow to the face
  • Buildable
  • Super finely milled powder that feels creamy and buttery
  • Blends very well
  • Lasts 6-7 hours
  • No fallouts
  • Great for people who are starting out with contouring/bronzing


CONS:
  • Bulky packaging
  • Applicator that comes with itdoesn't seem like it would work well


All in all, I understand why this product has been so hyped up all over the beauty community. It is an amazing product. Besides the bulky packaging and the shady applicator, I really don't see anything bad about it. Well unless you want a really pigmented bronzer than maybe this wouldn't be the one for you because it isn't that pigmented but I really love it for everyday use.


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...