Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Review | 3CE Marble Highlighter


I don't know about you but I know that highlighers have definitely taken over my life, well highlighters and bronzers both. And no, I'm not talking about the stationery kind of highlighters (although I have always had at least 5 different coloured highlighters in my pencil case) but facial highlighters which help to make your skin look exceptionally glow-y.

Although I got a bunch of products from 3CE quite a while back, I've never actually opened them up and started using them but when my friend reminded me that I did get them a while ago and that I should start using them before they spoil, I decided to dig some of them up and get them going. The first product I dug up was the Marble Highlighter in the shade #Bling Peach.




The highlighter comes housed in a matte black plastic container with the brand printed prominently on the top of the transparent cover. Whilst the packaging doesn't feel expensively-made, it does feel decently sturdy. I have dropped this highlighter on the floor before and it didn't shatter into a million pieces so that's definitely great. It definitely is very lightweight and pretty slim so it's perfect to bring along for on-the-go touch ups.


This highlighter is a powder one and it is finely milled so you don't get large chunks of glitter falling everywhere. When you first get this highlighter, a layer of shimmer covers the top so I thought it would be a really shimmery highlighter but after using the top layer, you can tell that most of the shimmer is gone, although there is an outer ring of it left where I don't usually swirl my brush.

In the pan, the highlighter looks pretty dark but it swatches a lot lighter both on the hand and on the face. The colours in the pan are pretty misleading because there is no peach or bronze to this highlighter, it's a straight up light gold shimmer.


It applies very smoothly on the skin and blends very well. It is pretty pigmented and a little goes a long way but if you're looking for a very pigmented highlighter, you'll be glad to know that this highlighter is buildable. You can either swirl a large fluffy brush into the pan to get an all over glow on the face, or take a smaller, denser brush to do a obvious highlight on very specific areas of your face.

In the swatch below, the one on the right is an unblended swatch of the highlighter and the one on the left is if you blend it out. Can you tell how amazing the pigmentation is of this highlighter? Also, you can probably tell that the colour of the highlight is nothing like the colour in the pan.


I usually get a decent 5-6 hours of wear with this highlight before I find that it loses its intensity. It isn't very glittery either, it is more shimmery and leaves a really gorgeous sheen that photographs really well. I usually use it on its own but I know some of my friends pop this highlighter on top of a liquid one. If you want a really obvious highlight, that is something you can do as well.

Overall:

PROS:

  • Sturdy, lightweight packaging
  • Applies smoothly
  • Blends easily
  • Pretty pigmented
  • Buildable
  • Suitable for people with fair skin
  • Lasts for 5-6 hours
  • Photographs well


CONS:

  • Does not come with a mirror


There's really nothing not to love about this, except maybe for the fact that it does not come with a mirror but I can forgive it because it really is a very pretty highlight. If you're new to 3CE makeup, do give this a shot and you'll be surprised at just how lovely it really is.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...