Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Review | Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude Rose


If you've read my blog post last week on the Covergirl TruNaked Palette, then you probably already saw this coming. My love for eye shadows and especially, pink toned eye shadows, knows no end. So today, I'm going to be sharing my thoughts on the Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude Rose.


Firstly, let's talk about the price. This palette is only £3.99 which is around $7.20 SGD. That's pretty cheap for a good quality palette, and the eye shadows in this palette are really good quality. Even drugstore makeup brands like Revlon and L'Oreal do not have palettes this cheap. Granted, the number of eyeshadows in each palette differs but even if you were to calculate the prices based on just the number of eyeshadows, none are priced as reasonably as this palette.

Moving on to packaging, the Collection palette comes in a matte black cardboard box type of packaging which makes it slightly bulky. While I do not particularly like or dislike this kind of cardboard packaging, I'm pretty sure that that it will be ruined should it touch water so make sure to keep your palette away from the sink if you do your makeup in the toilet. It does have a magnetic fastening and an opening on the cover with a transparent film where the eyeshadow shades are visible which is great. This palette contains 6g of product. Oh and it does come with a sponge tip applicator which while I don't typically use, is good for on-the-go touch ups.

Unlike the Covergirl palette, Collection didn't try to name their shades and instead named them from 1 to 6, from the left to the right. I'd much prefer if they gave their shades names but I'm digressing from the main point of this review.


Unlike the Covergirl palette, this palette only has 6 shades and all of them are shimmers. I love shimmery eye shadows so this doesn't really bother me but I do know that there are a lot of people who like a mix of matte and shimmer shades so that is something to take note of.

The eyeshadow isn't very finely milled but it applies decently and blends well and isn't chalky at all. The colours are definitely pigmented (you can see the swatches later on) which was something that surprised me because of how affordable this eyeshadow palette is.


So once again, I'm going to attempt to describe these shades. From the left to the right, bearing in mind all of them are shimmery eyeshadows,

1: Champagne gold
2: Peachy rose gold
3: Rosy pink
4: Orangey bronze
5: Rosy taupe
6: Black with purple shimmer


Overall:

PROS:

  • Really reasonably priced
  • Pigmented
  • Blends well
  • Applies beautifully
  • Decent shade selection
  • Good quality
  • Not much fallouts when applying eyeshadows


CONS:

  • Packaging may not withstand wear and tear
  • No matte shades
  • (Personally I prefer) Shades are not named but numbered

All in all, I really do think this is a lovely palette if you're looking for an affordable palette with really decent quality eyeshadows in it. I think it is such a steal to pay merely $7.20 for a 6 pan eyeshadow palette. Even with the cons, I had to nit pick a bit because once again come on, this palette is only $7.20 what more can you ask for? Compared with the Covergirl TruNaked Palette, I would say I do prefer the Covergirl one just a bit more because it does have matte shades to play around with and the packaging is more travel-friendly.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...