Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Review | Maybelline Fit Me Concealer


I am pretty sure everyone has tried or at least heard of this concealer. If you haven't, either you're not interested in beauty, do not have access to Internet and social media platforms, or live under a rock. Many people swear that this is their HG drugstore concealer and after trying, I can understand why they would feel this way. Today, I'm going to be talking about my thoughts on the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.



Firstly, let's talk about price. I don't remember how much I got this for but it retails for £5.99 or $10.80 SGD on the Boots website, though I am pretty sure I got this on discount, like one of those "3 for the price of 2" sales but for the sake of this review, let's assume it was $10.80. I got this whilst I was in the UK because for some weird reason, you can't get this in Singapore, either I haven't seen it or they only sell it in selected stores and not all of them but I can't find it on the Watsons online store. For $10.80, it is a lot cheaper than other drugstore concealers which typically average $15-$16 dollars.

It comes in your typical clear plastic tube with a black top with the name of the concealer printed in front. It contains a doe foot applicator which is pretty small which it makes it easy to get into the nooks and crannies of your face and of course, a lot easier to get a precise application. It comes with 6.8ml which is about the average amount of product you get in most concealers. While there is nothing fancy about the packaging, it does feel sturdy enough to throw in your bag or makeup pouch and not fear that it will break and get everywhere.

Mine is in the shade 15 Fair which is perfect for highlighting the undereye area and concealing them dark eye circles. Sometimes I do use this to cover blemishes as well and that works just fine. I do believe they have a total of 6 shades which is a great amount of shades to carry, most other concealers in the market do 3-4 only.


The coverage is about a medium but it is buildable. I find that this concealer did a really good job in brightening the undereye area but when it came to covering blemishes and scars, it did a great job at spots and scars which were lighter in colour. For darker spots, even with two layers you may still be able to see a bit.

The consistency is slightly thick which allows for its higher coverage but I do have to say that it is creamy and feels lightweight which makes it amazingly easy to apply and to blend. It dries to a matte finish which does not sink into any pores or fine lines.

It has a decent longevity on my face and it only starts fading around the 6-7 hour mark.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Priced more competitively than other drugstore brands
  • Sturdy packaging
  • Decent shade selection
  • Smaller applicator allows for precise application
  • Medium coverage which is buildable
  • Good for brightening the undereye area
  • Creamy and lightweight
  • Natural finish
  • Easy to apply and blend
  • Does not sink into pores and fine lines
  • Lasts 6-7 hours
  • Does not slip and slide on the face


CONS:

  • Not available in Singapore
  • Does not cover dark spots and scars


I don't know yet if this can be considered my HG concealer just yet but I do think this is a great concealer for any one on a budget. It is creamy, blends like a dream offers decent coverage and it does not budge, at least for the first 6 hours. I really like how this applies on the skin and if it was available in Singapore, that would be the icing on the top of the cake but alas, it isn't and that makes repurchasing a pain. I'm still on the hunt for my HG concealer but if the coverage was just a bit higher, I would say that this would be it but till I find my HG concealer, this is probably as close as it's going to get.


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...