Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, September 15, 2016

UK & Canary Islands Travelogue | Caldera de Bandama

I have literally not done up a travelogue post in more than a month, that's insane? I've been travelling for a bit in August, and I've just been focusing on doing product reviews because I've been trying out a whole bunch of new products but I am finally back and I am determine not to let this blog go again. That being said, the sheer amount of travelogue posts I have to do is piling up and it does stress me out a little because I still have to do the corresponding travel vlog as well so... Please do not kill me if updates come a bit slower than expected. 

So without further ado, let's get into what we did. (If you don't remember what happened on the previous day, you can read the post HERE or click on the "Travelogue" label on the right side of this blog :> )

Volcanoes have always fascinated me. I really want to visit an active volcano at least once in my life and whilst I haven't had the chance to do so yet, I did have a chance to visit the Caldera de Bandama in the Canary Islands.



Caldera de Bandama is an amazing volcanic crater with a 569m peak (called Pico de Bandama) and the best thing about this is that you can drive up to the peak, no walking needed at all. We stopped quite a bit along the way because the views were breathtaking all around. 

I believe that there are walking trails around if you want to do a bit of hiking but we weren't interested in that so we drove right up to the peak, then took a bunch of photos at the top then came back down again.


 We wanted to go shopping afterwards but all the malls were close, all. It was a Sunday and we drove to 2 separate malls and both were close. When we went to the mall that was right beside our hotel, we only found a couple of food stalls open so we decided to have lunch there. We had sandwiches and milkshakes (well mum had a tea) and it was all pretty simple but still good.


We didn't really do much after that. My parents went to return the car at the airport and we had dinner  at the restaurant in the hotel and basically packed up all our stuff because we were (finally) flying back to the UK the next day.

Canary Islands, whilst being a shopping haven, was pretty decent in terms of its picturesque scenery. That being said, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would and given a choice, I probably wouldn't head back there again. It didn't fascinate me as much as I thought it would and the driving wasn't the best given the small and winding mountain roads. It was a good trip though so no regrets!


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...