Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Review | Mango Seed Heart Volume Radiance Face Oil


I have never really used facial oils before because I have a huge fear of having a super oily face. My skin type is combination/dry so typically, I don't have a very dry or very oily face. Whilst I am a huge fan of the dewy face look, I am no fan of having a oily face. I have friends who are plagued with little oil seeds all over their faces so the mere thought of applying a oil on my face freaked me out. But facial oils have been slowly winning their way into many people's hearts and I thought I would give them a fair shot before I made my mind about them.

So the first one I picked up was from The Face Shop and it is the Heart Volume Radiance Face Oil. I've always loved the mango seed range (I did a review on the moisturiser HERE) and I wanted to try something else from this range so I took the plunge and got the face oil.




Basically to allow for easy reading, I took the liberty to type out what was printed on the packaging.

What is mango seed?
A seed that can survive in desert dry land for a century
A seed containing 100% natural vegetable butter
A seed that contains rich, concentrated nutrients

It provides a long-lasting glow and volume in three seconds.

It is formulated with 95.5% natural botanical oils
Contains GMO-free mango seed extracts and eco-certified botanical oils
Formula without 7 additives: paraben, benzophenone, alcohol denat, triethanolamine, synthetic dye, animal-sourced ingredients, sulphate
Tested by dermatologists

Directions:
1. After toner, pour two to three drops into your hand and massage onto face
2. Use on any other areas that feel dry


The oil comes in a ombre gold, glass bottle which looks really pretty on any vanity top. It contains a good amount of oil, 40ml/1.35 US fl. oz. It comes with a dropper which allows anyone to dispense just the right amount of product needed. I typically dispense 3-4 drops on my palm, rub both palms together, then pat the oil all over my face, avoiding my eye area of course.

It has a very light mango seed scent. If you're a huge fan of the scent of mangoes then definitely give this whole range a whiff. It was mostly the scent of this range that got me started and I have no regrets so far. (I even have a mango scented body mist but it isn't from The Face Shop, that's how much I love the scent of mangoes!)


The facial oil is a transparent liquid and is very light and watery which allows it to spread really easily. Surprisingly, my skin absorbs this facial oil pretty quickly. I usually use this at night, as the last step in my skin care routine so that means after facial mist, toner, essence, and serum. Some times, I use this after my moisturiser if my skin is feeling very dry but I've only done so once or twice. Given the amount of products that I apply before this, it takes only about 5 minutes to sink into my skin which is really great because I don't have to spend a lot of time waiting for my skin to absorb all my products before going to bed.

It doesn't feel greasy or sticky but it makes my skin so smooth and soft afterwards. I find it weirdly fascinating that facial oils do not leave an oily film afterwards. When I wake up the next morning, my face actually feels a lot less oily than if I were to apply a thick moisturiser before bed.

In the next two photos you can see just how watery and light the oil is. Also, you can see that this oil leaves a slightly dewy finish on the skin but nothing too crazy.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Light scent of mango seed
  • Very lightweight
  • Skin absorbs quickly
  • Spreads and blends easily
  • Skin feels smoother and softer 
  • Does not feel sticky/greasy 
  • Leaves a slightly dewy finish
  • Moisturising
  • Face feels less oily the next day
  • Dropper allows you to dispense the exact amount you need

CONS:
  • Definitely none that I can think of

I really love using this oil because it makes my skin feel amazing the next day. I don't typically use this every single day, probably 2-3 times a week, simply because I don't want my face to freak out but using it 2-3 times a week has been great for my skin. My skin hasn't had any dry patches for a while and I have been facing a lot less spots as well. This is without doubt a product that I'll recommend to friends.


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...