Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, June 30, 2016

UK & Canary Islands Travelogue | Flying to the Canary Islands



We were flying to the Canary Islands later in the evening so we decided to spend the first half of the day in Regent's Park. The original idea was to head to Madame Tussards' but since both my parents weren't that keen on doing so, and I was the only one who really wanted to go, I didn't want to waste the money and time. (Also, I can always do so with SH when we visit England one day.)



I feel like whenever there are geese and ducks around, they are all I take photos of. And pretty much, that was what I did as well. Be prepared for an onslaught of photos of birds.



This little nugget has got to be the fiercest little squirrel I've ever seen. He furiously dug into the ground looking for nuts and when birds got too close, he chased them away. You can see all of that in my vlog (embedded below!) to see what he got up to.


We then took a cab over to the airport and as we had quite a bit of time before our flight, we decided to have some tea at the International Bar & Kitchen. I honestly have to say that coffee in the UK isn't amazing at all. I don't think I ever had a decent cup of coffee whilst I was in the UK. The coffee I had in the Canary Islands was a lot better (though I wouldn't say the coffee there was really good as well). Why UK? Why do you not have good coffee?


Latte (£3.25)

Carrot Cake (£3.95)

Earl Grey Tea (£2.95)

We took British Airways to Gran Canaria and it was a pretty empty flight so I basically had the whole row of seats to myself. I never say no to empty seats.


Because we reached Canary Islands pretty late, we checked into an airport hotel, the Elba Vecindario Aeropuerto Business & Convention Hotel and it was pretty decent. The room was bigger than I expected although the extra bed they placed in the room for me was really squeaky and not the most comfortable. I really cannot complain though because it was pretty decently priced and they offered free shuttle to and from the airport which was what we needed.


We didn't really do much on that day to be honest because most of it was spent travelling to the airport and then flying over to the Canary Islands but I did vlog it down and I hope you enjoyed reading this post!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...