Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Review | Innisfree Skinny Microcara


This mascara has taken the internet by storm when it first launched and there are so many reviews of it online so I thought I would try it for myself. I did and I honestly... Okay I'll save my thoughts till the end haha so let's get through with the review first. I got the one in the non-waterproof formulation.

What this mascara claims to do, or have is "airlight" powder and fibres that are hollow inside for naturally long and volumized lashes.

The reason why this mascara is called "microcara" is due to the fact that the mascara wand is tiny - definitely the smallest one I've ever used before. The microbrush which is 2.5mm in diameter, inspired by the flossing toothbrush, reaches out to the shortest lashes hiding at the ends of the eyes to make eyes stand out. The microbrush curls lashes from the roots and leaves them curled up all day long.




It comes in a plastic tube like any other mascara. Unlike other mascaras though, the longer portion actually contains the brush with the product in the shorter portion which is the opposite for almost all mascaras I've tried before which threw me off balance when I first opened it.

The mascara wand is tiny. Pictures don't do it justice but if you're used to normal sized mascara wands like I am, you'll be surprised at just how tiny this is. I actually doubted whether it would work when I first tried it. The wand surprising did what it set out to do, which was to reach every single eye lash and coat them with mascara. I usually have problems coating the tiny eye lashes at the inner corner of the eye and this does the trick. I'm pretty sure this will be amazing with bottom lashes as well but I don't usually coat those with mascara so I didn't try it.

The wand is also really good with helping to separate lashes.


If you're not a fan of the clumpy mascara look, then this mascara definitely is for you. It gives off a really natural finish, pretty much like it just makes your eyelashes darker and slightly more visible but nothing dramatic.

I am a fan of the slightly clumpy mascara look because I have Asian lashes which whilst isn't the shortest, does lack in volume and this didn't do anything much for me. It did lengthen my eyelashes slightly but did nothing for volume. I couldn't even apply 2 coats with this mascara actually. It hardened so quickly that one coat is pretty much all I could do, and with one coat, there was barely anything on my lashes at all. I wasn't very impressed with it to be honest.

It also didn't hold the curl of my eyelashes more than an hour, unless I had the help of a eyelash primer before that.


My eye lids aren't very oily. I do get a bit of creasing around the inner corners of my eyes but that's about it. Maybe because I got this in the non-waterproof formula but this mascara flakes like crazy on my eyes. Within 2-3 hours, I get black flakes all over my cheek and my under eye area and it flakes continuously throughout the whole day.

On the bright side, the flaking makes is easy to remove at the end of the day, probably because there isn't much mascara left on my eyelashes.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Affordable
  • Easy to apply
  • Helps separate lashes
  • Coats all lashes including the shorter ones
  • Good for lower eye lashes
  • Easy to remove
  • Good for natural looks


CONS:

  • Does not layer
  • Does not add volume
  • Does not hold curl
  • Flakes throughout the whole day
  • Not long-lasting

If you can't already tell, I'm not a huge fan of this mascara. I couldn't wait for it to finish when I first started using it because it really did next to nothing for me. I prefer lashes that are more defined and volumized and this didn't do that for me. I also really didn't like it flaking on me. I've used non-waterproof mascaras before and they didn't flake on me so I don't know if I just got a bad mascara. Maybe this just didn't work for me. If you didn't already guess, I'll definitely not be repurchasing this mascara. 

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...