Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Review | Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion


I used to be very skeptical about the whole concept of cushion foundations because I found that I actually didn't like everything that makes a cushion foundation different from a normal liquid or powder foundation. But I'm into my 4th one and I have to say that cushion foundations have converted me and I prefer this over any other type right now.

They are marketed as very easy to use (just pat the puff on your face to use), convenient to bring around (you don't need any additional tools to use this and it comes with a hugeass mirror inside), and offers a light coverage that allows your natural skin to glow through. While not all cushion foundations offer light coverage right now, there are certainly some with higher coverages which I love, this one is pretty light. Today, I'll be talking about the Ampoule Intense Cushion from the brand Innisfree. This has quickly become one of my favourite cushions to use and I'll explain to you why in this post.




The ampoule intense cushion formulated to keep the skin refreshed with a long-lasting hydration effect. The Ampoule Intense Complex containing Jeju Green Tea Seed Oil delivers a long-lasting hydration effect. Enhances the dewy and moisturised complexion with the effect of instantly layering radiance. The ultra-fine formula expresses an even skin tone with thin coverage free of caking every time you use it.

Directions: Use puff to evenly smooth over face in the stage of foundation and gently pat to finish. Reapply by gently patting whenever desired.

I got my cushion in the shade 21 which I believe is the middle shade out of 3. It says that it provides hydration, radiant glow, and a natural coverage and it does do all three.



The cushion comes in a white plastic compact with the name printed on top. When you open it, you'll see a mirror on one side and the puff on the other. Underneath the puff is a plastic piece separating the puff from the foundation-soaked cushion. If you're opening the foundation for the first time, then there will be a plastic film that protects the cushion inside, peel it away and you will see the cushion foundation.


The formulation of this cushion foundation is probably one of my favourite ones. It offers a super dewy finish that is super moisturising. I brought this with me to the UK and it gave me the nicest glow for the whole day, my skin didn't feel dry at all which is amazing considering how dry the weather is in the UK. If you're not a fan of the dewy finish, all you have to do is top it up with some powder and that reduces the dewiness.

The coverage is low to medium and not very buildable but I find that applying concealer before this does the trick and hides all my blemishes and dark eye circles.

If you have dull skin, this is your girl. It brightens my skin so much and my skin looks amazing in most of the photos I took when I was overseas. It helps to even out my skin tone and hides all redness on my skin.


It dries to a powdery finish that isn't tacky at all which was surprising because I thought something this moisturising would feel sticky on the skin.

There is a slightly herbal scent to it, like all of Innisfree's foundations, but it doesn't bother me at all. It makes me feel like I'm applying a product with good ingredients in it on my skin.

It doesn't last the longest time but I find that with a good primer and powder, it does last a decent 5-6 hours before I need to touch up.


I don't know if you can see it but I swatched it on my hand and you can probably see that it is hella dewy but I really like it. I even use this in Singapore. I do have to use a tad more powder in Singapore than I would in a more dry climate but I still love it even in Singapore.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Moisturising
  • Natural finish
  • Lightweight on the skin
  • Dewy finish
  • Not tacky
  • Dries to a powdery finish
  • Brightens skin tone
  • Reduces redness


CONS:

  • Not very buildable
  • Low coverage

I like this cushion foundation and the only gripe I have with it is that its coverage is pretty low. Besides this, I honestly love every single bit of it. If you have dry skin and you are looking for a cushion foundation with a dewy finish, this is the one for you. But if you want a cushion foundation with a matte finish then definitely avoid this one. I have repurchased this in a newer formulation, the cover one and I can't wait to give it a try! I'll keep you updated once I've tried it for myself!


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...