Hello there

Instagram

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Review | Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Colour


After watching Kathleenlights rave about the Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Colours on YouTube, I chanced upon them when I went to BKK and I snagged a few of the colours for myself to try out. At USD 1.99 per pop, they are amazingly priced and I've never known another lip colour to be this affordable without sales/discounts. I have since tried out the lip colours for myself and I have pretty much fallen for them. I know why there are so many good reviews about them circulating the Internet and I am here to add my two cents worth.


This is basically our Magnum Opus of lipstick—it’s the one thing we absolutely MUST put on when we’ve got a cocktail party or black tie event. This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte cream finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn’t cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts coenzyme Q10 and vitamins A & E help smooth lips. (Credit: x)


Right off I can tell you that they are amazingly priced. Although I definitely paid more than US 1.99 per pop because I got it in BKK but if I remember the price correctly they were still really affordable.

The lipsticks come in plastic packaging with a black base and a transparent cap. Straight off, I can tell you that the packaging of this lipstick isn't the best. The lip bullet isn't fully retractable which means that to cover the lipstick, you will need precision - at least until you finish the whole bit that sticks out from the bottom. Also, it feels cheap to the touch but I guess for that price, who can complain?

There is no detectable scent, at least none that I could sniff out so this will definitely good for people who are sensitive to fragrances.

I didn't like how the lip sticks applied on my lips. They didn't glide on smoothly and I had to warm up the product on the back of my hand first before applying it directly on my lips. Maybe if you use it often, you won't have this problem but because I don't usually reach for these lip sticks, they were a tad hard to use.

The first colour I picked up is E903C Just Peachy and it is a nude, peachy pink shade. I usually shy away from light colours because I feel that they wash me out and I don't typically look good in lighter shades but I was surprised that this looked pretty alright on me.


The next shade I have is E907C Mauve Outta Here and it is a mauve-y purplish pink. This was the first shade I tried and I fell in love with this. I'm not into pinks on most days and I haven't really tried many purple shades yet so this is the perfect in between.


E908C Sugar Plum Fairy is a mid-tone plum shade which is really pretty. I'm a tad obsessed with purple shades recently and this is a really lovely shade that isn't too purple if you know what I mean. I'll definitely get a lot of use out of this shade when I'm overseas or out with my girls. 


This next one is E910D Red Velvet and it is this amazing reddish pink. It's like a hot pink but with reddish tones to it. I don't really think I have anything like this in my collection and it is so pretty on the lips. On a side note, should I do a lipstick collection post on all my red/orange/purple/whatever coloured lipsticks?


E965 Cherry Picking is this gorgeous fuchsia pink shade. It is actually pretty similar to Red Velvet just that it is more pink. I'm not a huge fan of pink shades but when it's this pink, I'll definitely say yes. 


E969 24 Carrot Gold is a really bold orange colour. I've never ever tried such a straight up orange colour before and I actually think that it looks relatively wearable if you're not shy about lip colours. I don't know if I will get a lot of use out of this colour because of how bold it is but I will certainly try. I also really love the play on words for the name of this shade. 


The last one is E970 Purty Persimmon is a reddish orange shade that is super lovely. In the swatches it looks a lot more orange than red but the red is there. What better way to combine two of my favourite lip colours into one than with this lip colour?


Here are all the swatches side by side. 


The shades themselves are semi-matte but if you want to have a matte lip colour all you have to do is to blot your lips to get rid of the sheen and there you go, a matte lip.

The lip colours are really pigmented and one coat is enough to ensure you a full lip colour. They also don't apply tacky which is great. But. I have to say that these lip colours are definitely drying on the lips. Even applying a lip balm before applying it, I could feel it on my lips, even after a good 2 hours. If you're like me and you're bothered by drying lipsticks then you may want to give this a miss. 

Also, even after 2 hours, these lip colours transfer and that bothered me quite a bit as well. I didn't like wiping off my lip stick marks on every cup I drank from repeatedly.



Overall:

PROS:
  • No fragrance
  • Pigmented
  • Really affordable
  • Large selection of colours
  • Not tacky
  • Stains lips slightly


CONS:
  • Packaging (retractable lipstick bullet)
  • Transfers
  • Doesn't apply smoothly
  • Drying on the lips
  • You can feel it on the lips


For the first time ever, I actually have an almost equal number of pros and cons. To wrap it up, I have to say that honestly, for the price of one of these lipsticks, I really cannot complain. It's amazingly pigmented, it doesn't go all tacky on me, and there's a huge range of colours for you to choose from and you'll definitely find one that suits you. But if you're a sucker for good packaging then this is probably one of the worse ones you'll ever get because I've never used a non-retractable lipstick before. Also, it really is drying on my lips and most days, I find myself passing on these lipsticks because I just can't deal with the dryness. Either way, I don't regret purchasing this lipsticks and I would actually get more of them eventually so stay tune for an updated post if I do get more!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...