Hello there

Instagram

Friday, April 8, 2016

Review | ColourPop Lippie Stix


So... If you've already seen my Colourpop Haul, you will know that I went a tad bit crazy with purchasing their Lippie Stix and I got myself 8 shades. I got 1 free because they were celebrating their 2 million followers on Instagram.

I didn't have the time to do proper lip swatches but I did do hand swatches so if you're interested to know what I thought about these lippie stix, then please carry on reading.




Each of the lippie stix is individually packaged in a slim white box with the words "made with love in the U.S.A" printed on one end, and a sticker with the name of shade stuck on the other. Inside the box, you get the lippie stix which is encased in a plastic white tube with the brand and the words "lippie stix" printed in holographic ink on it. 

On the bottom of the tube is the name of the shade. The bottom is also colour coded which is great because you don't have to pull out each tube and open them to check the shade. Together with the name, there is also the type of finish the lippie stix is. From what I know, there are 5: sheer, matte, cream, satin, and glossy/pearlized. In total, I got myself 8 matte shades and 1 sheer.


Each of the lippie stix is priced at US$5 which is insanely affordable, and given the quality of the lippie stix, they are definitely worth every penny.

The lippie stix are all incredibly pigmented, especially the matte shades. One coat is enough to ensure an opaque layer of amazing colour on the lips. I'm in love with all the shades I got and honestly I need to restraint myself from getting more because I really only have one pair of lips and there's only so many colours I can apply in a day but really, the pigmentation, it's that good.

The lippie stix have a vanilla scent to them which while isn't totally unpleasant, isn't my favourite scent either but I can live with it. 


So let's get on with the most exciting part, the swatches.

The first shade I got was Lumiere which is a collaboration between ColourPop with one of my all time favourite YouTubers, Kathleenlights. When I saw that she created her own lippie stix, I really, really wanted to get my hands on this but I hesitated because I hadn't figured out a way to ship the products over but now that I have, COME TO MAMA BABY.

It is a dusty mauve purplish pink which I honestly have mixed feelings about. I thought it would be a lot lighter than it actually was and while I don't hate this colour, I don't think it actually looks amazing on me. It's a matte shade by the way.



The next one is in the shade Toucan and it is a really bright pink with a hint of coral in it. This is in a matte finish as well. I actually really like this shade. It is insanely bright, and is definitely an eye-catcher but I can see myself reaching for this when I want a bright pop of colour on the lips. This is perfect for the spring shade (not that we actually have spring in Singapore but you know what I mean).


The next one is Clique and it is a gorgeous orangey red and it is a matte shade. On the hand swatch below it looks a lot more red than orange but the colour is more true to the last photo in this post where I swatch all the shades side by side. I love this shade, it's bright, it's bold, and it's a statement colour. If you want to stand out in the crowd, then this one is for you.


Bichette is a matte deep reddish wine shade which is amazing. The colour is actually slightly darker than shown in the pictures below but it is sooo pretty. I don't typically go for deeper shades because I'm a bright bold lip kind of girl but I have been wanting to try deeper reds and wine shades so this is great because it's darker than what I'm used to, but not too dark. Do you think I can wing this shade even though it isn't autumn yet?


The next shade is I Heart This and it is a matte bright reddish fuchsia shade. Oh this colour is bea-u-ti-ful. This is similar to Toucan but more reddish than pinkish but it is just as pretty. I thought this colour would be a lot


Heart On is a matte cool toned magenta or like a "hot purple" shade and I like it! Well, I obviously like all these shades that's why I got them. I don't usually go for bright, straight up pink shades so this is a good alternative.


Frenchie is a matte warm, neon, firetruck red shade and this is definitely one of the shades that I'm in love with at the moment. I've really been into the reds this month so this is safely tucked into my travel pouch and you'll probably see me wearing this a lot on my trip!



Tiger is a sheer plum wine shade which is amazing. My mum has influenced my love for purple shades and although I haven't been wearing a lot of purple just yet, I know purples are definitely one colour that I see myself wearing really soon. If you're afraid to do a pop of purple on the lips then this shade is great because it's sheer so it gives off a tinge of purple but nothing too crazy.


Poppin' is a matte bright fuchsia/magenta purplish pink which is amazing. It is really bright though so I don't really know if I will be getting a lot of use out of it but it's a freebie so I'm definitely not complaining.


Here are all the shades side by side for a better comparison. Most of them look pretty similar when swatched individually but they actually do differ.



Overall:

PROS:

  • Highly pigmented
  • Lasts 4-5 hours on the lips
  • Matte shades are opaque with only 1 coat
  • Very affordable
  • Easy to apply 
  • Feels comfortable on the lips
  • Doesn't feather


CONS:

  • Settles into lines on the lips
  • Not hydrating
  • Emphasises dry flakes

really like all the lippie stix I got and I can't wait to use them on my trip. I can definitely see myself using most of these shades because I'm big on bright pops of colours right now. The only downsides about this that it isn't available in Singapore and you do have to purchase them online and ship them back to Singapore. Also, they are somewhat drying on my really dry lips so I can't use these lippie stix on days when my lips are acting up but really, I think they are worth every penny. 

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...