Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Review | Etude House I Need You, Pearl! Sheet Mask


When you hear the word pearl in relation to skin care, what do you think of? I pretty much think of whitening and brightening and that's just what this sheet mask promises to do. The Etude House I Need You, Pearl! (Bright Complexion) sheet mask claims to contain pearl extract (Hydrolyzed Pearl) full of amino acids and minerals which helps to brighten up dull skin for a bright and clear complexion.

This sheet mask contains 0.67 fl. oz./ 20 ml.

[Directions] 
  1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing. 
  2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to for eye and lip area. 
  3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
  1. For external use only. 
  2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
  3. Keep out of reach of children. 
  4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear.


There is a light scent to this mask, nothing overpowering, and nothing I can accurately describe. I really need to learn how to describe scents properly because I am rubbish at doing so but all I can say is that it doesn't smell bad. 

It felt really cooling on the skin, which I can't say all sheet masks does, but it felt really good to apply this as a little pick-me-up for the skin after a long day out or at work. 

It does not provide a lot of hydration though, but it does brighten up my skin tone slightly. My skin looks a tad clearer after using this mask than before and it does leave a dewy finish. 

On the flip side, it does leave my skin feeling slightly sticky but I'm not normally bothered by this because I don't touch my face once I'm done with my skin care.

Overall:

PROS:
  • Reasonably priced
  • Light scent
  • Cooling on the skin
  • Brightens skin tone
  • Leaves a dewy finish

CONS:
  • The fit
  • Slightly sticky
  • Not very hydrating

I thought this mask held a lot of potential but I have to say that this wasn't one of my favourite masks. The basic purpose of a face mask (I feel) is to provide hydration and while this did provide a bit, it wasn't exactly hydrating enough for my skin. I'm not a huge fan of this and I will definitely purpose other "flavours" over this one. 


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...