Hello there

Instagram

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Review | Etude House I Need You, Olive! Sheet Mask

If there is one particular mask that feels like a dream on the skin, it definitely is the I Need You, Olive! mask from Etude House. What really surprised me was how much I love this mask. I've always known that olive has so many skin benefits, everyone raves about the goodness of extra virgin olive oil for the skin. Despite this, I've never actually tried any products with olive being the main acting ingredient. I'm not the fastest reactor to trends if you haven't already realised.

Another reason why I've never tried products containing olive is because I don't particularly like the taste of olives. If I don't like the taste, why would I put it on my face right. Boy was I wrong for the longest time. Okay, enough rambling. Let's start with what skin benefits olives are reputed to have.

Olive oil is closer in chemical structure to the skin’s natural oil than any other naturally occurring oil. Thus it acts as the perfect moisturiser especially for dry skin 

Olive oil has regenerative power over skin tissue and thus regular usage ensures that your skin remains soft and smooth while keeping it toned and firmed . 

The regenerative power of olive oil also helps in stimulating the process of skin healing.

It can be used to soothe and heal skin irritations. The same property also helps in treating sunburn. Just apply olive oil on the affected area directly.
The main cause behind the olive oil benefits for skin is that it is rich in healthy fats and phenolic antioxidant vitamin E along with squalene and oleic acidas. These help in getting rid of free radicals as well as repair the damage done due to exposure to sun. These elements are also known to reduce the chances of skin cancer as they inhibit growth of tumour cells

You don’t need to spend big bucks on buying fancy makeup removers. All you need is a bottle of olive oil. Olive oil doesn’t sting the eye and is not harsh on the skin unlike some cosmetic make up removers. It is definitely an alternative that people with sensitive skin should look into. In case you are worried about the oiliness it will leave behind, that problem can easily be resolved by washing your face with your regular face wash after you remove your makeup with olive oil. This will also ensure that there are no traces of makeup left on the skin. 

The antioxidants present in olive oil- hydroxytyrosol along with the vitamin E help in preventing cell degeneration in your skin, thus preventing premature aging. 

The squalene present in this oil helps in increasing the elasticity of the skin thus preventing sagging of skin and leaving it firmly toned with youthful glow. To reduce the wrinkles around your eyes, massage olive oil into the skin around your eyes. Make sure that you are very careful and delicate when you work around the eyes, as the skin is so delicate that you can damage and stretch the skin very easily doing more harm than good. (Credit: x)


So today, I'll be talking about Etude House's I Need You, Olive! (Deep Moisture) sheet mask.

This mask contains 0.67 fl. oz. / 20 ml.

This mask sheet contains olive extract (Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract), fully moisturising dry and rough skin.  

[Directions] 
  1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing.
  2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to fit eye and lip area.
  3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
  1. For external use only. 
  2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
  3. Keep out of reach of children. 
  4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear. 



This mask honestly was such a sweet treat for my skin. Even though I really liked the rice, lemon, honey, aloe... masks from Etude House, none of them honestly felt as good as this one? It was crazy moisturising, I could tell as soon as I took it out of the packet.

Just look at how much sweet stuff is still left in the packet even after I took out the mask.


The essence is my favourite type of essence, the whitish one that's super moisturising on the skin. There are days when I prefer some thing more light weight but more often than not, I prefer something that's thick and rich in moisture.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Affordable
  • Smells really good
  • Very hydrating
  • Skin feels plumped
  • Skin feels smoother
  • Cooling on the skin
  • Dewy finish
  • Does not leave a sticky feeling
CONS:
  • The fit......... 

I really really really like this. I think this is the most hydrating mask I've used so far from Etude House and I really wish I got more of this. This is one of those masks that will hydrate even the driest skins (I believe) without feeling too rich on the skin. 

I literally melt into a puddle of happiness when this mask is on my face. That's how much I really like this mask. Also, olives do such good stuff to the face which is a definite plus point. There's honestly nothing not to love with this mask.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...