Hello there

Instagram

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Review | Etude House, I Need You Honey! Sheet Mask

When I was younger, and my face first started suffering from break outs, I must have been oh gosh, 18 or something? The first DIY mask I used was honey. I literally slathered a whole blob of honey on my face, left it on for a good 5-10 minutes, then rinsed the honey off. Honey has tons of benefits, not only for our health but for our skin, hair, nails...

For the sake of this review, let's focus on the benefits honey has on our skin. 

1. Moisturizing Mask 
Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the air into the skin and ensures it's retained it in the layers where it’s needed most for penetrating, long-lasting hydration. 

2. Pore Cleanser 
The enzymes in raw honey clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean. Plus, the antibacterial properties of honey and jojoba or coconut oil also prevent bacterial buildup that can lead to skin imbalances and breakouts. 

3. Scar Fader 
Honey is said to lighten skin, and its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds help to decrease the appearances of scars and increase healing and tissue regeneration. The hydrating properties of honey and coconut oil or olive oil will also help revive skin cells, while regular, gentle massaging will increase circulation to aid skin recovery and cell turnover. 

4. Acne Treatment 
Honey contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that thwart bacteria that can lead to breakouts. Its anti-inflammatory properties will calm redness and irritation. 

(Credit: x)


Starting off with the specifics like how I usually do...

The mask I'm going to be reviewing today is Etude House's I Need You, Honey! Mask Sheet (Richly Moisturising).

This mask contains 0.67 fl. oz. / 20 ml

This mask sheet contains honey full of moisture, providing dry and tough skin with a moist, radiant look.

[Directions] 
1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing. 
2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to fit eye and lip area. 
3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
1. For external use only. 
2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
3. Keep out of reach of children. 

4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear. 


Overall:

PROS:

  • Smells amazingly good
  • Does not leave a sticky residue
  • Skin absorb essence pretty quickly
  • Skin feels hydrated and more plump
  • Leaves a dewy finish
  • Skin texture feels smoother

CONS:
  • Bad fit (the usual)

I really like this mask! It smells exactly like... you've guessed it, honey! But the smell is overpowering at all, just a faint hint of honey. I was fully prepared for it to leave a sticky residue like honey usually does but I was surprised to note that it didn't leave my skin feeling sticky at all.

My skin feels super hydrated and more plump after using this mask (this is not the case for every mask from the range). Like most masks (not all), it leaves a dewy finish. My skin texture did feel smoother after using it which I really like! Once again, note that not all masks leave my skin feeling smoother after use.

I really like this mask! I would say it is one of the better ones from the range and it will probably even provide sufficient hydration for people with dry skin which is really amazing. Get it, get it, get it!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...