Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Review | Etude House I Need You, Mango! Sheet Mask

I've really been into mango products recently. I've been loving my Boots Extracts Mango Body Butter and when my face is exceptionally dry, I've been digging The Face Shop's Mango Seed Butter. All these mango products smell amazing and they are so hydrating on the skin, I can't even begin to describe how products with mangoes are my new found love.

You can imagine my delight when I finally got around to trying the I Need You, Mango! sheet mask from Etude House. It definitely took me long enough to finally give this baby a try. 

I took the liberty of finding out what skin benefits mangoes have and I was pleasantly surprised to note that there were quite a few!

1. Mangoes for Glowing Skin:
Mangoes are great for your skin as they have the ability to reduce dark spots, blemishes and acne, thus imparting a natural glow to your skin. Vitamin A and Beta carotene in this fruit restore, rejuvenate and revive your skin with vigor as well as add shine to your skin.

2. Treatment of Blackheads:
This might appear a bit surprising but mangoes can be used to remove blackheads. For this purpose, prepare a scrub by mixing a teaspoon of mango pulp, half a teaspoon of milk or milk powder and honey. Rub it all over your face in a circular motion. This will help in removing dead skin and blackheads, thus adding a glow to your face.

3. Anti-aging Benefits:
The antioxidants present in this fruit delay the onset of skin aging and pigmentation. They also protect your skin against the harmful free radicals which can cause skin cancer. Vitamin C helps in curing pimples and acne. When applied directly, it smoothens out your skin and acts as a natural moisturizer.

4. Improves Complexion:
Mangoes are packed with Vitamin A which is a vital nutrient for maintaining healthy skin and complexion as well as the integrity of mucous membranes. Mango skin is a great de-tanning agent. You can rub your face and hands with the skin of a ripe or raw mango and apply some milk cream on it. Wash off with cold water after 10-15 minutes. Doing this at least 2 to 3 times a week will reduce tanning drastically. Regular consumption of mangoes provides you with fair and smooth skin.

5. Treatment of Dark Spots
Mango skin is also beneficial in reducing dark spots. You can make a powder from sun-dried mango skin and mix it with a teaspoon of yoghurt. Using this as a face pack will help reduce dark spots, blemishes, and add a golden glow to your complexion.

6. Treatment of Acne:
Raw mango juice is an excellent astringent that can remove acne. You can boil a slice of baby mango or raw mango in water and use this water on your face as an acne remover.

7. Great Cleanser:
To cleanse your skin, take a teaspoon of wheat flour and add mango pulp to it. This acts as a perfect cleanser by cleaning your pores from deep within.

(Credits: x)


Starting off with some specifics like I always do...

The mask I'll be talking about today is Etude House's I Need You, Mango! Mask Sheet (Nourishing & Firming).

This mask contains 0.67 fl. oz. / 20 ml.

This mask sheet contains mango extract (Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract) known for its variety of vitamins and fiber, helping to provide firm and healthy skin with its sweet and gentle touch.

[Directions] 
  1. Apply toner to skin after cleansing. 
  2. Remove mask from pouch and apply to face, placing mask to for eye and lip area. 
  3. Remove mask after 10~15 minutes and lightly massage remaining solution into skin with hands.

[Caution] 
  1. For external use only. 
  2. Avoid contact with eyes. 
  3. Keep out of reach of children. 
  4. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Smells amazing
  • Hydrating
  • Cooling on the skin
  • Skin texture feels smoother
  • Skin feels slightly firmer

CONS:
  • Besides the fit around the eye area, none really

Oh my word, this mask smells heavenly. If you love the smell of mangoes, you'll love the smell of the mask. It smells faintly of mangoes, nothing overpowering, but I really like it! I like it when masks or products in general smell like the ingredients they are made from, especially when I like the scent of the fruits in the first place.

I like how this mask is pretty hydrating, because surprisingly, not all masks are hydrating and my skin isn't even that dry. My skin felt slightly smoother and firmer after using this mask as well. I don't usually feel my skin feeling firmer after doing a sheet mask so I was surprised that this mask did that.

All in all, this is one of my favourite masks from the range!

1 comment:

Healthytips said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about mango.Please keep sharing.
Health Is A Life

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...