Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review | It's Skin Power 10 Formula VB Effector


One of my holy grail serums is from the brand It's Skin and it is the VC Effector. I love citrusy scents and it works amazingly at brightening my skin and lightening my acne scars so the next time I went back to Korea, I wanted to try more of the Power 10 Formula Effectors from the brand. Each of these effectors, or serums, have different active ingredients and target different purposes. The VC one has vitamin C which helps with, well, brightening the skin. The next one I got was the VB Effector which has vitamin B as the main active ingredient.

The VB Effector is said to help control excess sebum secretion which helps in turn to keep the skin clear from acne. I used to have a pretty oily T-Zone so I wanted something to help control shine especially in Singapore when the weather is ridiculously hot and humid all year round.


So firstly, the scent is really light and pleasant with a hint of flowers. I'm really bad at describing scents so this is probably not the most descriptive way of describing the scent but nonetheless, it is light and pleasant, not offensive in any way at all. It doesn't linger on your skin and you don't smell it a few seconds after you're done applying the serum on the face.

It comes in a glass bottle with a dropper like all the effectors which is great at dispensing the required number of drops for your face. If I'm applying this on my whole face, I'll typically dispense 3-4 drops on my palm, rub my palms together, and pat it all over my face. If I'm applying it to a particular area of my face, I find that 1-2 drops is more than enough.


The texture is on the thicker side, not very watery, although I wouldn't say that it's thick also. It spreads really easily on my skin which is why a little goes a long way. It does tend to leave a sticky residue but I'm not bothered by it because I don't usually touch my face after I'm done applying my skincare.

This serum works, which is why I have a love-hate relationship with it. Let me explain.

When I first started using this serum, I applied it on my whole face. It definitely works at controlling sebum production because after 2-3 days of applying it on my face twice a day (once in the morning and once at night), my face started peeling. My T-Zone is a tad oily and my cheeks are normal, leaning slightly to the dry side. So when I started using this serum religiously, my skin got so dry that it started peeling and I stopped using this for a good 2-3 months because I was scarred by it. I didn't expect its capabilities at controlling oil to be this amazing.

When my face started becoming more spotty as my face does every few months, I started applying this serum only on my spots, or if I had a particularly spotty area, I'll apply the serum on the whole area and boy does it work at healing my spots faster and preventing new ones from popping out. Right now, I only apply it on spots and it works amazingly.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Light, pleasant scent
  • Inexpensive
  • Semi-watery texture
  • Spreads easily
  • Comes with a dropper for easy dispensing
  • Controls sebum production really well
  • Helps heal spots and prevent new ones from forming


CONS:

  • May break easily because it comes in a glass bottle
  • Leaves a sticky feeling on the face
  • May be drying for people with dry/normal skin


All in all, I think it is an amazingly good product for the price if you manage to use it in a way that suits your skin. I believe that this will work wonders for people with oily skin. But if you have normal to combination skin, this can work for you as well if you only apply it to the areas that require it. This is the second serum that I've tried from It's Skin and both of them have yet to disappoint me. I still have a few other different ones left to try but these small bottles hold so much promise! I can't wait to try the rest of them :>


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...