Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Review | Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum


Today's product will definitely not be a new one to anyone because it's something that I've talked about in my previous few skin care regimes. Also, I'm pretty sure any Kbeauty blogger has definitely talked about this because this serum is so highly raved everywhere. Today, I'm going to be talking about my experience with one of Innisfree's most popular items, the Green Tea Seed Serum


Let's get to the specifics first.

On the box (which I threw away oops, but the same words are featured on the bottle itself) it says that it is "Enriched with fresh green tea seeds and squeezed green tea from the pure Jeju island to deliver abundant moisture and nourishment deep into your skin."

It's a moisturizing & nourishing serum with organic green tea seeds from Jeju Island to fill the skin with suppleness and clarity. This serum creates a dewy complexion, without leaving a greasy, sticky feeling afterwards. One pump of this citrus smelling serum will leave you with supple, dewy and hydrated skin. This serum is part of Innisfree's 6-free pledge: free from parabens, pigments, mineral oil, ethanol, benzophenone and animal ingredients.

This bottle may look small but it packs a whooping 80ml worth of product inside. I've rarely seen any other brands carry serums in 80ml (the norm being around 30ml).


Firstly, I like the scent. It's really light and refreshing and doesn't linger on the skin. It's a bit herby so I know not many people like this scent but it does not bother me at all.

The packaging is definitely a plus for me because I love bottles with pumps in them. It allows for easy dispensing of the product and with this pump, I can properly control how much product to dispense. It also comes with a brown cover to ensure that if you bring this bottle out, you won't accidentally press on the pump and dispense product into your makeup pouch.


The texture of this serum is really light and watery and my skin absorbs it really quickly and it does not leave a sticky residue at all. It also definitely does not cause break outs on my skin at all and I think this may even be suitable for sensitive skin because it isn't heavy on the skin at all.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Lightweight & watery
  • Non-greasy/oily
  • Skin absorbs quickly
  • Pleasant scent
  • Refreshing on the skin
  • Comes with a pump
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Innisfree's 6-free pledge

CONS:
  • Not very hydrating
  • Does not do much for my skin


I've used almost 3 bottles of this (I'm almost finishing my 3rd bottle) and I can safely say that this doesn't do much for my skin at all. When I first bought this and tried it on my skin, I really like how it sat on my skin and how it refreshing it feels on the skin. I also really liked how quickly my skin absorbed it and how it does not leave any sticky residue at all. And that was why I made an impulse purchase of 2 more bottles.

Halfway through the 1st bottle, I was forced to accept the fact that this serum did not do anything for my skin. I don't feel that it hydrates my skin well (even though it is supposed to be very hydrating) nor do I feel my skin texture and condition improving with every use. I've used this continuously for a good 1.5 years, and I apply it everyday, both in the day and night, and I still see no difference as compared to my other holy grail serums like the It's Skin VC Effector.

Would I repurchase? Definitely not. It is a good basic serum but I just feel that it does nothing for my skin. However, what does not work for me, may work for you so take what I say with a pinch of salt because my skin type is probably different from yours. So many people rave about this so there is probably something worth loving about this product, just sadly, it does not work for my skin at all.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...