Hello there

Instagram

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Korea Travelogue // A Twosome Place, School Food, Sinsa-dong Garosu-gil, O'Sulloc, Yeolbong Jjimdak, & Coffee Prince.

Sadly, this will be the last post for my Korea travelogues because I'm combining the last 2 days we spent in Korea together into one blog post. On a happier note, I do have 2 other travelogues coming up, one of them being my Okinawa trip with my family and my Hong Kong trip with my friends so once I'm done with this post, I can focus on getting up the vlogs done and blog posts done as well.

Also, because I'm finally done with school, I can move on with my next stage in life and whilst I'm applying for jobs, I can also focus on trying more beauty products to review here as well and in general, just focus on what I like to do besides school which is such a relief for me because as much as I loved studying, the last 6 months of my life was insanely packed.

Okay moving on to the actual post itself....

We started the day with breakfast at Coffee Prince which is just around the corner from our Airbnb apartment. We ate this in Gyeongju so nothing new here.




We intended to take a walk along the Hangang area but we didn't know how to get to the area we wanted to so we basically ended up exploring around the World Cup Stadium area before it got too hot to explore anymore so we gave up and went to a little rest area to grab ourselves some cold drinks and an ice lolly.


For lunch, we decided to head over to School Food because my sister really wanted to go back there to have the food.



My mum and I opted to share the Ruby Orange Ade (5,000 KRW).  Orange ade with California orange and delicious grapefruit. 

It came in this insanely huge maison jar. You can't actually tell how big this cup is but it's probably good to share with 3-4 people who aren't very thirsty than with 2 people. 


My sister ordered the Stew Ramen (5,200 KRW). Spicy stew ramen with soft noodle, school food's special seasoning and sour kimchi.


We got our usual Special Mari 2 (7,800 KRW) to share among the 4 of us. Fusion mari combination with cuttlefish ink, flying fish roe and spam. I love the spam and the flying fish roe ones! Not a huge fan of seafood so I skipped the ones with cuttlefish ink.


I believe my brother got the Carbonara Topokki (7,300 KRW). School food's special topokki with carbonara white cream sauce. I avoid all things carbonara because I cannot stomach too much cream and white sauce so I definitely didn't try this dish at all.


I ordered my usual Chicken Curry Ramen (7,200 KRW) because if you can't already tell, I love all things ramen, curry and definitely chicken haha. Curry ramen topped with crispy chicken and fried onions.


Mum wanted to go for something lighter because she didn't want a heavy lunch so she went for the Pork Cutlet (8,300 KRW). Big pork cutlet with Korean pork sirloin.


After that we spent most of the afternoon walking around the Sinsa-dong Garosu-gil area because of how lovely the streets there were. I would say that this is probably one of the nicer neighbourhoods in Seoul because of the effort the shops and cafes put in to decorating their area.


We decided to stop by O'Sulloc to grab afternoon tea because O'Sulloc is definitely well-known for their green teas.


After that we went back to our apartment to pick up the dad before heading to Yeolbong Jjimdak in Hongdae for really good jjimdak! If you have never had jjimdak before, definitely try it out because I love this dish a lot. Think boiled or braised chicken with vegetables and noodles. We didn't order the spicy version because my brother can't really take spicy food which was a pity because spicy jjimdak tastes a lot better than the non-spicy version!


The next day, we checked out of our apartment earlier and went over to Coffee Prince which is right beside the building our apartment is situated in to have breakfast and to basically spend time because our flight wasn't till the early evening.


The parents and I grabbed coffee and a light lunch at A Twosome Place (again haha) before taking a cab over to the airport and taking the flight back.


All in all, it was a pretty good breather for me because I was swamped with school and work for the past 3 months before this trip happened. I love Seoul and Korea is definitely a country I will always keep visiting again and again.

Sorry for posting this up so late! I didn't even realise I wasn't done with my Korea travelogues actually till I realised this post was a draft and I didn't publish it up at all. I hope you enjoyed my Korea travelogue posts and my vlogs!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...