Hello there

Instagram

Friday, February 12, 2016

Japan Travelogue // Day 3

Our 3rd day in Okinawa definitely has got to be my favourite day so far. Not only did I get to spend the majority of it being near the sea side, I also got to view the most amazing dolphin show I've ever seen (more below). I didn't capture many photos of the dolphins because I was vlogging the whole event down so please click and watch my vlog below if you're interested in seeing how fascinating the whole dolphin show was!
Without further ado, let's proceed with what we did on our 3rd day in Okinawa.

Our first stop was to see the "elephant rock" at Cape Manzamo. The whole walk was breathtaking because we were literally atop the cliffs facing the East China Sea. Like I've mentioned previously, just put me near water and I'm good to go.



Can you actually see the rock formation resembling an elephant dipping its trunk into the water? It's so fascinating.


After that we went to a place which sells a lot of yam (okay I actually don't know what this place is called) but the view of the ocean from the viewing area was amazing as well.


Our next stop was the Butterfly Garden. I am the biggest wimp when it comes to insects and this includes little ones like butterflies and even ants. I hate all insects so entering the butterfly park was definitely taking a leap of faith for me. When I told SH that I went to a butterfly garden and there were a few butterflies which landed on me, he literally went "aren't you scared of butterflies?" Even SH knows I'm a wimp.

But I did manage to attract a few butterflies to land on my sun glasses for some weird reason (they are supposed to be attracted to the colour red and I'm pretty sure I wasn't wearing anything red that day). My dad on the other hand was an obvious butterfly whisperer because he attracted so many butterflies to land on his hair!


Lunch was probably one of the best meals I've ever had. It's like a hot pot, but not really (lol I am totally not a foodie at all) and the meat was seasoned so well. The bowl of noodles that came with lunch was pretty decent as well! This was probably one of the meals where I actually felt full after eating everything that I could stomach. 

I still didn't eat any of the side dishes if you were wondering!


The next stop, and the one that is probably the highlight of the whole trip for me was the Ocean Expo Park because we got to see the best dolphin show I've ever seen before! 


Inside the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium, there was a touching pool where you can actually pick up starfishes and sea cucumbers! The SEA aquarium in RWS has it as well. The starfishes were so hard and knobbly while the sea cucumbers were exceptionally soft and squishy. I kept squealing in the vlog because I didn't like how the sea cucumber felt at all.


Also, like the SEA aquarium, there were large viewing galleries where you can spend time looking at all the fishes, manta-rays and even whale sharks that they have in the aquarium! If you're someone who loves marine life, this would definitely be the place for you. 

But having already been to Singapore's SEA aquarium, I found that it wasn't anything special because Singapore. Both aquariums were pretty much similar.


What made the Ocean Expo Park the place to be for me was the fact that they had a dolphin pool! I am super fascinated with dolphins (although decidedly a lot lesser now especially since Keanna showed me a lot of weird dolphin videos) so I was really psyched that we got to see a dolphin show!

You can view the highlights of the dolphin show in my vlog (linked below!)




There was also a pool with turtles and another with manatees in it as well! These majestic creatures were mostly swimming around lazily and/or eating slowly. Such is life.


Okinawa Fruit Land was the following stop and although the fruits didn't interest me, what with coming from a tropical country after all, the bird section of the park definitely intrigued me! There were so many different birds all located in the same area, and some of them were interacting in really cute ways (i.e. squabbling really cutely). 


Dinner was a meal where I basically couldn't eat anything at all. Sashimi? No way. Prawn tempura? Hell no. Prawn in the chawanmushi? You wish.

Granted, I took the prawn out from the chawanmushi and the prawn tempura and gave them to my family members, as well as the sashimi but the rest weren't substantial enough to make me full. Guess who went back to the hotel room to cook noodles?


And here's the vlog for my 3rd day in Okinawa! Be sure to click and watch if you're interested to see the dolphin show! :>

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...