Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Review | Innisfree Green Tea Pure Cleansing Water


I'm not usually a person to use cleansing waters because I feel that cleansing milks and oils are much better at removing makeup than water. I, however, have been a sucker for this particular cleansing water ever since I tried it on one my trips to Korea.

You know how beauty brands tend to have makeup removers on hand in the shop for you to remove whatever makeup products you try on your hand? Well, whenever you visit an Innisfree shop, I'm pretty sure you will have seen their Green Tea Pure Cleansing Water around, at least that is the makeup remover I've seen ever since I started visiting Innisfree stores both in Korea and in Singapore. I tried it when I wanted to remove all the lipstick swatches on my hand and I was really impressed when they managed to remove all the lipstick marks! Most cleansing waters are not that effective at removing long lasting makeup so I was stoked when I realised that this did just that. So I was sold, and I bought myself 2 bottles the next time I visited Seoul.


Today I'm going to be talking about the Green Tea Pure Cleansing Water with green tea and green complex. It claims to contain 80% of ingredients that are of natural origin. It is enriched with green tea and green complex from pure Jeju island.

This bottle contains 300ml.

Green Tea Pure revives dry, stressed skin by supplying abundant moisture. This dewy, easily washable cleansing water contained with Jeju eco-friendly green tea moisturising, antioxidant ingredients and witch hazel water thoroughly removes not only sun screen and BB cream but also light point makeup.

[Directions]
Place 2 sheets of cotton pads on top of pump and gently press downward. Use wet cotton pads to softly swipe across your face. Whenever you feel that your skin is dry finish by washing only with water after product use.


I will usually use an eye makeup remover (I'm currently using my holy grail Lancome Bi Facil) to remove my eye makeup first before soaking 2 cotton pads with this cleansing water and proceed to remove my face makeup. Then I'll proceed with my facial cleanser (Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam) as the second step to my usual double cleansing routine.

I like that this cleansing water has a pump at the top because it makes dispensing the cleansing water really easy! It takes just 2 pumps to soak my cotton pad fully. The bottle also contains a lot of product which I'm glad for because I really like how it's so gently on my skin, yet removes makeup effectively without leaving my skin feeling like its been stripped off all its moisture.

Also, the scent... It smells amazing! I love Innisfree products because their green tea range has such an amazing scent that is really pleasing to me.


So just a little test to demonstrate its makeup removing abilities. On my hand, I have Revlon ColorStay Foundation as the base, and from top to bottom, I have The Face Shop's Lovely Me:Ex Pastel Cushion Blusher in the shade 05 Peach Cushion, Etude House's Proof 10 Auto Pencil in the shade BR402, and Aritaum's Honey Melting Tint in the shade Bitter Rose.


I soaked a cotton pad with one and a half pumps of the cleansing water and swiped it across my hand a few times and all the makeup came right off. It's really amazing because I never knew cleansing waters could remove makeup so effectively. In the next photo, you can see that my skin has no trace of makeup left, even the eye liner came right off.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Relatively inexpensive for such a huge bottle
  • Lasts a long time
  • Smells really light and plesant
  • Removes makeup effectively
  • Not drying on the skin
  • Doesn't leave a greasy/oily feel
  • Comes with a pump

CONS:
  • Leaves a slightly sticky feeling
  • Doesn't really remove waterproof mascara
  • Have to use cotton pads to remove makeup


I really like this product and you can probably tell by the fact that I have a back up of it already. This is especially good on days when I don't put on a lot of makeup and I just need something light to remove the light layer of makeup off from my face. There's honestly nothing really bad about this product considering that it's a face makeup remover and you should use an eye makeup remover to remove eye makeup (like waterproof mascara).


I hope this little review has been helpful! :>

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...