Hello there

Instagram

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cornerstone // Bing Go Jung

I turn 23 this year! To celebrate my birthday, I gave myself half a day off work to spend with my fav man. All my friends think I'm crazy to work on my birthday but why not when every one else is working anyway and no one's free to spend the first half of the day with me. Might as well earn some money~

SH went to google romantic restaurants and Cornerstone was featured as one of them so that was where we went!


With my fav man 5evaaa.


Cornerstone, situated in Bishan Park, offers diners a place where they can enjoy the finest of modern American cuisine in a relaxed and casual atmosphere, nestled amidst lush greenery. We take pride in the strength and quality of both our main food and pastry menus. 

Essentially, our vision is to offer a menu of fine dining quality without any of the fuss and frills involved with such establishments. Visitors from the park can stroll in after a day outdoors and enjoy the cozy ambience of the restaurant. Patrons with dogs will be glad to know that we are a pet friendly restaurant with a dedicated outdoor section complete with a water point and dog bowls provided for your canine companion. 

The ample space nestled amidst tranquil greenery makes Cornerstone the perfect venue for wedding solemnizations, baby showers, birthdays, press conferences, etc. And if you prefer an exclusive evening with friends and family, a private dining room is available upon request.

(Credit: x)


I've never heard of Cornerstone before so I didn't know what was good. But when we saw that they had a whole page dedicated to Buffalo Wings, we just had to order some. If there's one whole page in the menu on buffalo wings, it's supposed to be good right?


First up, we ordered Cream of Mushroom Soup ($8) which I really liked!

As much as I like mushroom soups, I really hate the taste of mushrooms, and cream. Hahahah the irony. So my perfect mushroom soup would be a balance that isn't too mushroomy or creamy. This was pretty good!

I wish the portion was slightly bigger tho because it was pretty small for $8.


For drinks, SH decided to go for homemade Ice Honey Lemon ($5.50) while I opted for homemade Ice Lemon Tea ($5.50). As far as drinks go, I thought they were pretty pricey and nothing special.


Next up, Buffalo Wings!!! We ordered the level 1 because SH can't take spicy food and I wanted a little spiciness. This costed $15 for 6 pieces.

I really liked the wings! They weren't too spicy (well they were level 1 after all) and were really juicy with the right amount of marination.

Definitely give them a try if you're into buffalo wings!


For our mains, SH opted for their Country Style Smoked BBQ Pork Ribs (1/2 rack for $19).

Slow smoked baby back pork ribs with homemade BBQ sauce (with fries and mixed green salad).

The fries were pretty good and so was the greens. The ribs though, were a little tough which I didn't like because they were supposed to be tender since they were baby back pork ribs.

The BBQ sauce was pretty good though!


I opted for Country Style Smoked BBQ Chicken ($18) which was essentially the same thing as the ribs, just with chicken.

I really liked it. Well, I mean how can you go wrong with chicken right.


Cornerstone
Address:
| 1380 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, Singapore 569930 |

For desserts, we decided to head to our favourite patbingsu hunt, Bing Go Jung. Because it was my birthday, I got to choose the flavour and of course I opted for matcha heh.


Bing Go Jung Korean Dessert House
Address:
| 102 Guillemard Road, #01-01, Singapore 399719 |

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...