Hello there

Instagram

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Lao Zhong Zhong Eating House

Recently, SH and myself have been on the hunt for good food spots. Wait scratch that, I'm on the hunt for good food (as per normal) and SH kindly indulges me (by bringing me to those places). 

I've said this before and I'll say this again. One way to my heart is definitely through my stomach and SH knows this really well hehe. Nothing makes me happier than to indulge in my favourite milk tea from Cupwalker and SH always makes it a point to surprise me with a cup when I'm at work. See, he knows me best :'>

A friend of mine, (Hello Jaime!! If you ever read this) recommended Lao Zhong Zhong Eating House to me because she said the food there is pretty good and since we couldn't decide where to go for lunch after church, we thought we would just pop by and give it a try.


On our way there, I googled reviews of the place and most of the reviews recommended their duck rice, macaroni, porridge and of course, the ngoh hiang from the Lao Zhong Zhong Fine Spice Stall.

SH opted for duck rice and he said it was pretty good! He paid $6 for this plate because he added on intestines. I cannot stomach the thought of eating intestines so I gave this dish a miss but he did comment that it was pretty good.


I opted for Chicken Macaroni ($3.50) and although it was the slightest bit bland, I thought it was pretty good! It reminds me of the type of comfort food I ate when I was younger and it did bring back fond memories of my childhood.


We also ordered various pieces from the Fine Spice Stall including the prawn cracker, ngoh hiang, century egg, spring roll and fish cake I believe. I can't really remember what SH ordered. He also paid for this dish so I'm afraid I don't know how much he paid for this.

What made this dish really interesting was the fact that their chili came mixed with peanut which offered a rather unique twist. IMHO, I have eaten better ngoh hiangs from other places though SH said that the prawn cracker was really good.


The next time I come here, I'll definitely try their porridge (it's from the same stall that I bought the macaroni from) because I've read really good reviews about it!

Lao Zhong Zhong Eating House
Address:
| 29 Tai Thong Crescent, Singapore 347858 |



No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...