Hello there

Instagram

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Bing Go Jung Korean Dessert House

Ever since I've been to Korea, patbingsu (a Korean dessert consisting typically of red beans on shaved ice) has firmly etched itself a place in my heart. I love how they combine flavoured ice with sweetened red beans and sometimes with an added scoop of ice cream.

My favourite flavour of patbingsu is definitely matcha because I love all things matcha haha.

I've seen a few of my friends head to Bing Go Jung before to try their patbingsus and I was itching to give it a try for myself!


We ordered the Matcha Bing Su ($11) and it came in a pretty decent portion good for 2-3 people to share.

Think creamy matcha ice cream, on top of matcha flavoured shaved ice, with red beans, corn flakes, and various nuts. For $11, I think it's a pretty good deal! Can't beat the price at One Ice Cafe of course but still pretty decent.


Compared to the one at One Ice Cafe (you can read about it HERE)...

Pros of the patbingsu at One Ice Cafe:
  • More cornflakes
  • Matcha ice cream is sweeter
  • Price point is definitely a winner ($6.80 compared to $11)
  • Topping of mochi

Pros of the patbingsu at Bing Go Jung:
  • Topping of nuts
  • Shaved ice has more matcha taste
  • Side of condensed milk so you can control how sweet you want the ice to be

Another pro of Bing Go Jung is that it's so much closer to where I stay as compared to One Ice Cafe.

I think both patbingsus are definitely worth a try and if you haven't had patbingsu in your life before, you should absolutely give it a try! It's like our local Ice Kachang, just so much better in my opinion.

Bing Go Jung Korean Dessert House
Address:
| 102 Guillemard Road, #01-01, Singapore 399719 |

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...