Hello there

Instagram

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mondate at iSteaks

Starting off this post with a few selfies because I haven't taken any in a while heh. (Also because I tried out a new lip colour today and I really like it!)


Mondays are date nights for the boy and I simply because it's one of the 2 days I do not have work.

So SH and I decided to head to Serangoon Gardens for dinner and we found ourselves at iSteaks! I've heard from my friends that they sell decently priced food there so we thought we would give it a try.


I found the concept of iSteaks similar to that of Astons, you choose your main and it comes with 2 side dishes of your choice. However, iSteaks concept is more self-service whereby you choose your own seating and get your own cutleries and sauces.


We went for the Cream of Mushroom soup, served with a side of garlic bread. I found the soup pretty decent, not too creamy or mushroomy (I don't like foods with strong tastes) so it suited my palate.


The food arrived pretty quickly which was good because SH was starving since he hasn't had anything to eat for the whole day.


I opted for Mushroom Chicken ($8.40) with a side of onion rings and cream broccoli.

The chicken was cooked just the way I liked it, not too tough and definitely not bloody at all. The mushroom sauce wasn't too overpowering as well. The broccoli was a bit tasteless however, and the cream didn't have much taste to it so it tasted as though the broccoli was just boiled and left like that which was a bit of a disappointment.


SH ordered the NZ Ribeye, 250g cut ($20.90) with a side of onion rings and mac & cheese.

He said the steak was good (you know how most guys don't describe their food beyond good or bad) and I don't like beef in general so I didn't give it a try. The mac & cheese was pretty good albeit a bit plain tasting.


iSteaks
Address:
| 1 Maju Avenue, #02-03-06 My Village, Singapore 556679 |

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...