Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, November 29, 2018

COSRX Haul

Having clear, blemish-free skin has always been a goal of mine and unfortunately I have been plagued with acne-prone skin ever since I turned 19. Around that time of the month, it's always like a war zone breaks out all over my face and the most common places I suffer from acne is around my cheeks and chin area. I've always been on the search for products that help prevent acne, and to hasten the healing process as well as to lighten the scars that get left behind and after stumbling upon Joan Kim's YouTube channel, I was very intrigued with giving the Korean brand COSRX a shot. During my last trip to Korea, that was what I did. 


You can find COSRX products in a variety of places (they do not have their own physical shop unfortunately) and I bought the majority of my products in Aland at Hongdae. You can also find some of their products in various Olive Young outlets and Watsons as well, although none of them carry as many products as Aland does.

The first thing I had to pick up were the pimple clear pads. If you don't know what they are, they are pre-soaked cotton rounds filled with pimple-fighting ingredients. I've already tried One Step Pimple Clear Pads and loved them (you can read my review of them HERE) so I wanted to stock up on them and since they were having sales for these in Olive Young, I decided to grab them. COSRX also recently introduced the new One Step Moisture Up Pads which is a revamped version of the OG pimple clear pads. These new ones offer more moisture (the pimple pads were a bit drying on the skin) and works like an all in one product, a makeup remover, cleanser, and a toner. I'll update this space when I finally give them a try.


COSRX does really good cleansers as well that were super affordable. Both the Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser and the Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleansers are mildly exfoliating cleansers that helps to gently smooth out the skin by removing dead skin cells as well as cleanse the pores thoroughly. They contain natural BHA ingredients to help remove blackheads and whiteheads while leaving the skin moisturised and soft.


I also got the Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturising Lotion (with Birch Sap) and as the name suggests, it is supposed to be lightweight, yet ultra-moisturising. Because it is oil free, it is good for people with oily skin as well. My skin fluctuates from combination-dry to ultra dry depending on what season I am in, or when it just feels like ruining my day so having something very moisturising on hand is a must have for me.

On days when my skin is extra dehydrated, I like to do sleeping masks to boost up the moisture levels of my skin and I heard that the Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask is great at brightening the skin as well as keeping it hydrated.


Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner is the first step in the centella range from COSRX. It is said to be made from organic ingredients and Centella Asiatica leaf water for it's calming and renewing effects. It helps to recover and rejuvenate weakened, tired skin. It also aims to increase the immunity of the skin with all-natural plant based ingredients and helps restore elasticity in the skin.

Centella Blemish Ampule is formulated specifically for sensitive, stressed-out skin. It helps to clam red and irritated skin and is good even for sensitive skin. This ampule uses medicinal herb to help promote hydration and collagen production.

The last item in the centella range that I got is the Centella Blemish Cream is well known for treating acne and fading acne scars so this is right up my alley. It is said that you can see the difference just one night makes so I'm very excited to try this one out.


I've been incorporating snail products into my skin care routine lately because of the skin benefits snail mucin provides for our skin. As gross as it sounds, just hear me out for a moment. Just think of how little snails crawl over the roughest of terrains, the mucin they produce helps to protect their skin from environmental hazards like rough surfaces, bacteria and even UV rays, keep their skin hydrated in dry conditions as well as heal any cuts they may suffer as a result of their movements. Now, relate this back to our own skin and you will realise that while we may not rub our faces on rough surfaces, we do suffer from acne and UV rays so imagine how good snail mucin is to protect and repair our skin from environmental hazards!

The Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence contains a whopping 96% of filtered snail mucin which is said to help improve skin's elasticity. It helps to replenish nutrients to the skin, fade acne scars and hyper-pigmentation, and moisturises the skin.

The Advanced Snail 92 All in one Cream is one cream that is very hydrating. It says that it helps with anti-ageing, blemishes, and helps fade scars, basically everything good. I did note that some reviews mentioned that it is pretty sticky during application but gets absorbs quickly so I'm hoping that it does not leave my skin feeling sticky.


The AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner which is a toner that helps to clear out whiteheads, blackheads and blemishes with the perfect blend of all-natural ingredients and mineral water to rejuvenate and replenish the skin. It cleans out the pores and is very gentle on the skin. It also comes with a spray nozzle which makes it easy to use and isn't drying on the skin.

Mela 14 White Ampule is said to help with skin brightening to provide an even and bright complexion. It is made from apple fruit water base rather than purified water which helps to brighten the skin and enhance skin health.

Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol is a toner that is super gentle on the skin and helps to remove impurities and dead skin cells while alleviating the appearance of acne. It has a combination of Propolis, AHA, natural BHA, and natural moisture-retention ingredients which help with controlling sebum production and clears dead skin cells. Do note that if you're going to use this during the day, you have to apply sunblock afterwards as it is a pretty strong products.



I can't wait to give all these products a shot and hopefully, they will help to clear my skin up. Here's hoping! Do comment down below if there are any products you would like me to do a review on :>

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...