Hello there

Instagram

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Product Empties #8


I have left my blog dead for wayyyy too long. Honestly, I don't even know if any one reads this anymore but I've got a whole paper bag full of empties that I really want to throw away but I can't until I actually do up all these empties posts so guess what's coming your way... Loads of empties hahaha. I'll do what I usually do, 10 items per post to keep it short and sweet so without further ado, shall we get started?






The first item I want to talk about is Mamonde's Lotus Micro Cleansing Foam. It's a great basic facial cleanser, it's gentle, doesn't dry out my skin, smells nice, and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. It's supposed to be really good for cleansing any micro dust you may have on your skin and helps prevent the clogging of your pores. I didn't notice much of that but it definitely didn't aggravate my skin or cause any break outs so that's all good with me.

The next item is one of Mamonde's best sellers, the Rose Water Toner. It's amazing at hydrating, good for soothing my skin on days when it is super sensitive, and is relatively inexpensive. This isn't the first bottle I've finished and probably won't be the last because it's great if you want a simple, fuss-free toner that does it's job. But if you're looking for something that does more than that like brightening, firming, and the works, then this wouldn't be for you. Oh and a side note, it does have a pretty strong rose scent so if you're not the kind that's into scented products, you may want to give this one a miss.


One of Klair's star products definitely has to be the Supple Preparation Facial Toner. I love using it for the 7 skin method (though I typically only do up to 3 layers). It's amazing at hydration, removing any dirt and grime off your skin to prepare your skin for all the other products you are going to layer on your skin after, restores your pH balance, and just makes my skin feel so much better. I wouldn't go so far as to say that you can definitely see a huge difference when I use it but I will say that I notice the difference when I don't use it.

I have used up so many bottles of It's Skin's Power 10 Formula VC Effector. It's probably the first Vitamin C product I've ever incorporated into my skin care routine and we all know how important Vitamin C is for us. It's lightweight, absorbs really easily into my skin, helps even out my skin tone, fade away some of the acne pigmentation scars leftover on my face and subtly firms up my skin.

I've always seen these little lip balms floating around on social media and always wanted to try one for myself so I got the EOS Lip Balm in Passion Fruit and boy does it smell good. It's convenient to use because of it's round shape, one swipe is all it takes to get onto your lips but once you almost finish it, that's where it gets a bit tricky and it may get a bit more inconvenient to use. It isn't the most hydrating lip balm but it's definitely cute and portable, and smells great.

On reallyyyyy dry lip days, I whip out my trusty Lucas Papaw Ointment and slather this on those puckers and it does the trick. While it isn't hydrating per se, it does protect my lips from chapping and drying out. It wouldn't be the best lip balm to use if you intend to layer on lipsticks after that. It also does the trick for burns and cuts by soothing the skin. You can also use it for nappy rash, sunburn, insect bites, splinters and thorns, and a few other skin conditions but I haven't used it for those purposes so I can't give my two cents worth.


While I'm not the biggest fan of sleeping packs in recent years, simply because it's an additional step that I get too lazy for, the Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack from Etude House was a pretty good one when I was using it. It's lightweight, non-greasy or sticky (unless you apply a super thick layer), hydrating, and my skin feels amazingly plump and soft the next day.

My sister passed me the Ciracle Red Spot Cream when I was going through really bad breakouts. It's supposed to reduce redness and prevent scars from forming after squeezing a pimple. I honestly didn't think it worked for me at all. It leaves a white layer on my skin when I use it, I don't see any difference on my skin after using the whole tub up, and it had a pretty thick consistency which I don't like so... Nope, didn't like this at all.

I also finished up the Face Shop's Natural Sun Eco Aqua Sun Gel. I liked it but didn't love it. It is slightly thick in consistency and does leave the slightest white cast on my face. It is also a bit oily on the skin so I always have to use a piece of tissue to dab away any oiliness before I start on my makeup. If you do have dry skin, maybe you won't find all these an issue but with my combination, some times bordering oily skin, it isn't the best sun screen for me but I don't hate it as well.


I can't believe I finished up this massive body lotion from Vaseline. The Intensive Care Body Lotion in Aloe spreads like a dream, isn't overly thick or leaves a greasy feeling on the skin. I love it for days when my skin feels dry and flaky. It smells great without being overpowering, absorbs quickly into the skin and I love it.

And that's all for this particular empties post but you can be sure to check back for more, much more, coming your way.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...