Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Product Empties #6


Today I'm back with another product empties and this time round, I'm doing items that are specifically makeup related. I've been collecting these empties for a really long time. I don't know about you but it takes me a really long time to finish a makeup product so I am pretty impressed I managed to finish this many. So without further ado, let's get started.




The first 2 items are face primers. Both aim to create a flawless base for your makeup. I find that both primers are decent ones but aren't amazing. Lancome's La Base Pro is an oil-free primer aimed at smoothing the skin and it does what it says. A bit goes a long way because it tends to ball up slightly if you use too much. The Face Shop's Face It Velvet Skin Primer didn't do anything for my skin. It didn't prolong my makeup or fill in my pores. None of these primers are bad ones but they just didn't wow me in anyway.


I've also finished 2 foundations from Innisfree, both from the Smart Foundation line, 1 in the Perfect Cover formulation and the other in the Long Lasting formulation. I love the whole concept of this line, how Innisfree understands that girls love to have different types of products and that's why they made these foundations in smaller doses so we don't get sick of one product and waste it when we put them to one side and reach for something else. I love the perfect cover formulation, it is a medium coverage that offers the prettiest finish on the skin. The one in long lasting wasn't that great though, the coverage was pretty low and it didn't last a very long time on my skin, maybe 3-4 hours before showing signs of wear. If I had to recommend one, I'll definitely recommend the one in perfect cover.


I've really been into Korean contour powders lately because I find that they get the shade just right. They aren't too dark or warm-toned, offer the right amount of pigmentation, blends really well and are so affordable. I loved using the Tony Moly Cristal Blusher in the shade 05, even when the top broke off, I still travelled with it in my makeup pouch and I only retired it when my makeup brush couldn't pick up anymore pigment.


If there is one product that lasts for-freaking-ever, it definitely has to be loose powders. I've used the Lancome Teint Miracle loose powder for a good 2 years before I finally finished it. It does it's job as a setting powder, I don't know if it does help create natural light for my skin though...


The one item that I go through much quicker than the rest is mascaras. Lancome makes the best mascaras ever and I haven't tried one which I didn't like. My 2 favourite ones have got to be under the Hypnose range and I finished a Hypnose Star mascara and a Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara, both under the waterproof formulation. They last forever, don't smudge or flake under the eyes, holds my curl and is super easy to remove to boot. There's nothing not to love (except for the price tag).

I finished up the Innisfree Skinny Microcara and while I love how the tiny wand manages to gripe onto every lash and coat it, I didn't like how it flaked off my eye lashes every single time I used it. It could be because I didn't get it in the waterproof version but I've never had a mascara flake all over my face before. Smudge, yes, but not flake.

The last mascara I finished was L'Oreal's False Lash Sculpt mascara. It has the most unique wand which is like a comb and it creates the most amazing voluminous lashes ever. It has the tendency to smudge slightly under my eyes if I don't powder but I can live with that because of how amazing the effect of the mascara is.


Thank you so much for reading! x

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...