Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Review | Innisfree No-Sebum Blur Primer


While I am not someone who uses a primer on a daily basis, I am occasionally met with the need to do so. Living in a hot and humid country, coupled with the fact that I sometimes have to work 14h shifts, every once in a while I do need the help of a primer to prolong the longevity of my makeup. 

There are primers for almost any skin issue you may face. The most common one is to allow your makeup to last longer on the face, others include hydrating the skin, creating a more radiant base for your makeup, correcting skin tone, to keep sebum at bay, fill in pores and other skin unevenness and so on. Today's primer is focused on reducing sebum production and also to blur out any skin unevenness such as pores and fine lines. In this post, I'll be talking about my thoughts of Innisfree's No-Sebum Blur Primer.



This primer is focused on creating a smooth skin texture by helping to conceal pores and bumps, thus creating a clearer skin texture before makeup application. Natural mint and minerals in the primer help to manage the oil and moisture balance of the skin, allowing skin to remain soft and smooth for long periods of time. This primer also allows skin to remain supple and clear by tightening wide pores with Jeju green persimmon extracts, while the Jeju green complex creates healthier skin.

Directions:
Release an appropriate among and spread thinly over areas with visible pores after skin care and gently pat to finish.
*It may cause flakes or clumps when used excessively so use only a small amount and spread in a thin layer


The No-Sebum Blur Primer comes in a light, matte cream squeeze tube with a matte brown plastic cap. It contains 25ml which is slightly lesser than average (the average being 30ml) but it is still a decent amount of product.

The primer has a light, almost herbal scent which is very typical of most Innisfree makeup products. I am neutral to this scent but I know of people who hate it so this would be something to take note of if you're looking to purchase any Innisfree makeup products. The scent disappears after application and doesn't linger.

The opening of the tube is small so this makes dispensing the right amount of product really easy. With this primer, less is really more so take heed to not dispense too much product at one go because it really does clump up when you apply too much product on your face. I typically take a tiny pea size amount, rub it between my fingers before applying the primer on my forehead, nose and cheek area.


The primer is skin coloured but does not leave a white cast on my face at all. This primer does a good job in creating a matte canvas for your makeup application. If you're someone with oily skin, or you prefer a matte finish then this primer is great for creating that look. It also does an amazing job at filling in any large pores or unevenness on your skin. I do have pretty large pores on my nose and cheek area and whenever I use this primer, they literally disappear after applying foundation on top. 

It also does help to control the sebum production, it takes a longer time for my face to start appearing shiny compared to if I didn't use a primer at all. My base makeup also looks like it's still there on my face at the end of a long day which is great because that's the main purpose for me purchasing a primer in the first instance.

You can see from the 2 photos below that the lines on my hand are smoothed out and my skin becomes more matte after applying the primer.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Very travel friendly
  • Smoothens out skin by filling in pores and fine lines
  • Skin coloured and does not leave a white cast
  • A little bit of product goes a long way
  • Matte finish
  • Prolongs makeup
  • Light, herbal scent
  • Does not feel oily/greasy
  • Not drying on the skin
  • Does not break me out
  • Controls oil for 5-6 hours


CONS:
  • Clumps up if too much is applied
  • Does not really shrink pore size


This primer has quickly become one of my favourites, especially when I'm looking for one that helps to conceal my pores. If I'm aiming for a dewy, fresh skin look that day then I'll reach for a different primer but if I want to have flawless skin for that day that lasts then this is the one I'll use. 

One thing I would like to point out is that although it does help to control sebum production, it isn't drying at all which was something I was afraid of but thankful for. However, it does not really shrink the size of my pores. It does even it out but my pore size overall hasn't been reduced. 

I feel that this would be a great primer for people with normal-combination skin and maybe also for people with oily skin although if your skin is very oily then it may not be of much help. However, be sure to properly cleanse your face at the end of the day if not you may find yourself with clogged pores!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...