Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Review | Son & Park Beauty Water


Son & Park's Beauty Water has been all the rage in the past few months. If you're a fan of Kbeauty then I am pretty sure you've heard of this. I managed to get my hands on this beauty water and when I was done with my previous essence, I was so excited to give this a shot. 

In the past month or so, my skin has absolutely been hating me. I have spots developing almost every week and while they don't come altogether and crowd me face, they have been popping up consistently and it's leaving me in despair. Knowing that my face was in dire need of proper cleansing and anti-spot treatment, I decided to what better time to give this a shot than now. So here I am with my two cents worth.



So what is a beauty water you might be asking? It is the smart cleansing liquid based on natural plant therapy that exfoliates and moisturisers skin all at once. It is gentle enough to be used daily, both in the morning and at night. It clears dead skin cells to help soften and clean your skin. It also contains an array of skin-loving ingredients to boost skin's moisture levels. The beauty water is also an ideal way to refresh skin any time you want, mid-day or when washing with a cleanser isn't an option. 

Firstly, can we talk about packaging. It comes in a plastic, translucent bottle that is sleek and minimalist with only the brand printed in black at the bottom and the words "Beauty Water" printed in silver in the centre. As much as I love glass bottles because of how luxurious they feel, I find that plastic bottles are a lot lighter and definitely more travel-friendly (that is if you want to bring the whole bottle with you on your travels). It contains a sizeable 340ml if you were wondering.


I don't know if this applies to everyone but the fact that the bottle is squared actually makes dispensing the liquid very inconvenient for me. I like to dispense the product directly on my hand and pat the beauty water directly onto my face instead of soaking a cotton pad first. Doing so, however, makes the liquid drip down the side of the bottle a lot more than getting on my actual palm. I find that I waste quite a bit of the water every single time I do so.


It contains a whole bunch of natural ingredients that is designed to cleanse and moisturise your skin, all at the same time. Ingredients in the beauty water include coconut, corn, potato and wheat for cleansing; and lavender water, rose flower water, and orange fruit extract to deliver intense hydration. 

Like the name implies, the beauty water feels exactly like a water. It's a super lightweight liquid, that my skin drinks up instantly. I love products that are light and absorb quickly because who has the time to sit beside their vanity table waiting 5-10 minutes for one layer of skin care to sink in before applying the next one? This beauty water leaves my skin feeling clean, soft, brighter and ever the slightest dewy.


The scent is very faint but smells fresh, amazing and fruity with a tinge of bergamot. Looking through the list of ingredients, it isn't hard to tell why it smells the way it does.

I find that after using the beauty water for maybe 2 weeks or so, it does help manage any break outs I have. I still do have the occasional one once in a while but they heal a lot faster and stop hurting much quicker. My skin is clearer, softer and more hydrated. Despite being a multitasking product combining cleansing water and toner, I wouldn't recommend you to replace your double cleansing with this beauty water. Double cleansing is important, especially if you apply a lot of makeup on your face.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Reasonably priced
  • Sleek, minimalist packaging
  • Travel-friendly
  • Full of natural ingredients
  • Lightweight, skin absorbs quickly
  • Fresh, clean scent
  • Heals breakouts faster
  • Skin feels cleaner, softer and more hydrated
  • Doesn't irritate skin


CONS:
  • Packaging dispenses product weirdly (for me at least)


At 25,000 KRW per bottle, this beauty water is definitely inexpensive compared to other essences/toners in the market. I have to say I really like this product, and maybe, this may even eventually move up to holy grail status but whilst it's too soon to say, I will definitely recommend this to my friends because of how great it is in maintaining (and improving) the condition of my skin.

Before I end off, I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas (eve) and thank you so much for reading! x

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...