Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Review | Etude House Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream


I haven't changed up my eye cream in ages because I've been using Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment for the longest time. But I am finally glad that I am done with 2 huge tubs of that and I have moved on to trying something new. I have been using the Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream from Etude House for about 2 months or so and I can safely gather my thoughts about this eye cream and type them out here. So if you're interested to see what I thought about this eye cream then please carry on reading.



So firstly before I get into the review proper, I want to apologise for the shitty photos. I took them at night, with a flash and it is insanely hard to do so properly if you don't own a tripod (which I don't) so please bear with them.

Let's talk about eye creams. Eye creams are important to keep those fine lines at bay. The first step to preventing ageing is a good moisturiser because when our skin gets dry and dehydrated, it loses its elasticity and that leaves our skin open to ageing and sagging. Considering how the skin around our eyes is a lot thinner than the skin on our face, and is also prone to so many movements a day (we blink, we look around and that moves the skin around our eye contour, smiling, squinting...) we should definitely not neglect this area of skin on our face. Also, the first signs of ageing are usually seen around our eyes so a good eye cream is essential if you want to look younger!


This eye cream contains 63.6% Super Collagen water (Hydrolyzed Collagen) that it will leave your eyes and the skin around your eyes rejuvenated and healthy. The small particples of the Super Collagen water and Baobab oil (Adansonia Digitata Fruit extract) in the Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream, endlessly provides rejuvenation and fill your dry skin with moisture. The Eye Cream has a firm, clinging texture that will stay on the skin, but will absorb the moisture completely. It will protect your eyes and the skin around your eyes as healthy as ever.

This eye cream comes in a little orange plastic tub and contains 28ml/0.94 fl. oz. The container it comes in has a pretty big cover so I feel that it makes it a little less travel-friendly than other eye creams. That being said, the container is pretty light in terms of weight so while it takes up more space in your skincare pouch, it does not weigh your pouch down.

This eye cream does not come with a spatula. While I usually don't use a spatula with my eye creams, I feel that this is one cream that requires a spatula because of the texture of the eye cream but I'll talk more about this later on.


The cream is a whitish peach colour which disappears when you apply it on your skin and doesn't leave a whitish cast on the eyes. The texture is very firm and bouncy so it isn't easy to just stick your finger in and expect to get some out. It is easier to scoop some product out with a spatula. I guess this just forces me to use a spatula and well it is a lot more hygienic to do so but I wished I had a choice in this.

Despite the firm texture, this eye cream blends pretty easily and isn't hard to spread around the eyes at all. It is non-greasy and not sticky. It does have a floral scent which I think is really nice and I don't notice it once the cream is on my face.


This eye cream is pretty moisturising and I don't have issues with any dryness around my eyes whenever I use this. However! I noticed that if I use too much cream, the skin around my eyes develops a bit of milia seeds which is annoying so I have to take note not to accidentally apply too much at one go. A little goes a long way.

That being said, I like how I can use this eye cream in the day time under my makeup and my makeup stays on my face even without a primer.

The main point of this eye cream is the fact that it contains collagen which is an ingredient which is well known to help in anti-ageing. I am blessed not to have noticeable fine lines under my eyes or any "crows feet" so I can't say much about whether it really helps in diminishing these lines but I don't notice any lines worsening so I am inclined to say that it does help in preventing the development of these lines.

I did note that it doesn't do much in helping to reduce dark eye circles or help in brightening up the eye area but it doesn't claim to do so so I'm not that particular about that.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Sturdy container
  • Blends and spreads easily
  • Moisturising
  • Nice floral scent
  • Non-greasy and not sticky
  • Prevents development of fine lines
  • Lasts a long time
  • Does not feel heavy on the skin


CONS:

  • Can cause milia seeds to form if I apply too much
  • Container is a bit bulky so not that travel-friendly
  • Doesn't do anything for dark eye circles


I think this is a pretty decent eye cream which is reasonably priced and it does its job at preventing ageing at least for my skin which I really like. However I feel like I am not totally in love with this eye cream, especially considering how I have to be careful not to apply too much. I'm still on a hunt for my HG eye cream and till the next post, thank you so much for reading! x


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...