Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Review | Nars Blush in Orgasm


This has to be one of the most highly raved blushers of all time. I am majorly slow to this bandwagon and although I bought this blusher more than a year ago, I was very reluctant to use it. I've tried it once before and it didn't blow me away so I don't really know why I bought it. (Uh-oh I think you can guess which direction this post is heading to, can't you?) But this is my two cents worth of the hugely hyped up, Nars blush in the shade Orgasm.



It comes in a sleek black box with white letterings all over. The blush is settled in neat little black box with a rubberized finish. While the texture of the box makes it feel all atas and high class, it also has the tendency to attract dirt and dust and because the box is black in colour, all the grime shows up easily so it is a pain to keep the box looking nice and clean.

It comes in a decent sized pan with a pretty good amount of product (4.8g) in it. I also love how they included a mirror in the packaging. One thing about Korean blushers is that they don't feel like the need to include mirrors in their packaging and I always have to scramble to find a mirror whenever I touch up my makeup on-the-go.


My first thought when I saw the blusher for the first time was that it had WAY too much glitter. While I'm a huge fan of glittery eye shadows, having glitter all over my face isn't exactly what I want. I'm glad to say that all that glitter in the pan doesn't equate to all that glitter on the face. Phew.

The colour is a warm medium pink with a ton of peachy-gold shimmer in it. The shimmer doesn't look like glitter on the skin but it does provide a peachy-gold sheen on your face when the light hits it at certain angles. If you were looking for a matte pink blusher, this definitely shouldn't be on your list.


I actually really like the base colour of the blush, and even the shimmer. When swatched on the hand, both colours together look amazing. I just don't know how I feel about it on my face but we will get to that later.

The pigmentation of this blush is out of this world. A little bit goes a very long way. I literally pick up a bit on my brush, tap away the excess like crazy, only then do I dare to swipe the brush onto my cheeks. It's very easy to go overboard with this blush so make sure to only apply a bit at a time! It is a lot easier to add more on later than to try and remove what already is on your face.


I did a hand swatch for this blusher so you can properly see the gold shimmer it gives. (You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.)


And now for why I don't like it. I have pretty fair skin. I'm usually using base products that are next to the fairest shades and that is why I usually avoid products with gold shimmer in them (unless of course they are eye shadows). The pink mixed with the gold shimmer actually doesn't flatter my skin tone at all. I feel like a cooler tone of pink, or one without gold shimmer will look better on my skin tone. I personally feel that this blush colour will suit people with tanner skin tones than mine.

Also, I feel like this blush doesn't blend well on my skin. It stays wherever my brush first touches my skin and when I try to blend it out, it doesn't budge. This is why I advice people to go with a very light hand at first and only add more if necessary. I have gone out with super pink cheeks before because this blush doesn't want to move beyond where my brush first touches my cheeks which is pretty annoying because looking drunk and flushed isn't the look I'm going for at all.

In the pictures below, you can see the blush on my skin.




Overall:

PROS:

  • Very pigmented
  • Packaging looks sleek and expensive
  • Very pretty colour
  • Lasts a long time
  • Buildable


CONS:

  • Pretty pricey for a blush
  • Rubberized packaging shows dirt easily
  • Peachy-gold shimmer doesn't suit my skin tone
  • Doesn't blend very well 


I can understand why this blush colour has taken the world by storm. I have friends who swear by it and say that this is their HG everyday blush colour. I, however, don't think it is the one for me. I don't know why but I just don't particularly like how it looks on my skin. I was quite disappointed with how much I didn't like this blush at all. Considering the price I paid for it, I was really hoping I would like it but I guess this is a classic example of how just because the rest of the world likes it, it doesn't mean that you would.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...