Hello there

Instagram

Thursday, August 18, 2016

#YQXSH | Marriage Proposal

So... I know that this post is extremely late but better late than never right? Also, I only got the footage for the marriage proposal video recently and I wanted to post both the pictures and the video up together so here goes!

So the girls (Cheryl & Charisse) asked me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday a day earlier than the actual day. They refused to give me any hints whatsoever about the places we would be going and the food we were having so I met Charisse at the train station and she brought me to Capricci which is an Italian restaurant near Tanjong Pagar MRT Station. 



The ambience was great, the food was great but we found the service lacking. Our food took quite a long time to come, long being about 45 minutes, and the restaurant wasn't even half full. We received 2 of our dishes (I can't remember which ones for certain but I am 70% sure it was the vegetables and the pizza) within 15 minutes but we had to wait another 30 minutes for the pasta. When we asked the server if our pasta was coming, he responded very impatiently and rudely to us and just generally wasn't very nice.

I won't go into specifics because I believe he was probably just having a bad day/night but I also feel that it is no excuse to be rude. I work in the service industry myself and it really isn't that hard to be decent to customers - you don't have to be nice but the bare minimum is to be polite and not be rude.

Capricci 
Address:
| 27 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088450 |

After that, we got into Cheryl's car and drove to the Lantern Rooftop Bar. The Lantern is a really gorgeous roof top bar on the top of the Fullerton Bay Hotel with an amazing view of the marina bay area. The only downside we faced that night was the fact that the weather was mad humid, without wind at all. We were drenched after a while and I really wanted to go home but my friends didn't allow me to do so. But wait, I am getting ahead of myself.


So I am sure you all are more interested in the story of the proposal rather than just the photos so I will attempt to retell the story of our engagement.

As mentioned above, my friends and I were drinking cocktails at this bar with the amazing view and I wanted to go home because I was still pretty jet lagged from travelling. My bed time was around 10pm then and it was already 11pm. So I was like asking the girls to drink faster because I was so hot, there was no wind, and I was starting to feel really sleepy. Cheryl was the only one who hadn't finished her drink (I think because she was stalling for time) so she said we can go once she's done with her drink.


We hung around some more, and when it hit 12, I excitedly turned on my camera to vlog (you can see the vlog below, I'll link it) saying that it was my birthday and I was upset because my boyfriend wasn't wishing me happy birthday. I also mentioned that my birthday wish would be to get engaged on my birthday. 

Whilst I was (un)happily rambling on and on, Brandon and his friends made their way up to the rooftop bar, lit the cake, gathered behind me and surprised me with a birthday song and I was so excited to see everyone there. Birthdays are a big deal to me. It's the one day a year I want to be queen of the universe (inside joke that my friends know) and therefore knowing that so many people took time out of their busy schedules to come and celebrate this special day with me makes me a really happy person. 

I also really appreciate how everyone took time out to meet Brandon and to plan this surprise. I mean I didn't cry (lol everyone wanted me to cry??) because I kind of suspected that it was going to happen but I am super touched nonetheless for everyone and all the effort put into carrying this out. A very special mention to my best friend who helped think of ideas to make this whole thing work (and for getting my out of the house so that Brandon could ask my parents for their approval) and to all Brandon's brothers who helped to vlog the BTS, carry the flowers, the ring, even Brandon's bag.

Everyone made my 24th birthday an amazing and unforgettable one :'>



Lantern Rooftop Bar
Address: 
| The Fullerton Bay Hotel, 80 Collyer Quay, Singapore 049326 |


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...