Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Review | Laneige BB Cushion (Pore Control)


I have been on a roll trying out new BB cushions haven't I? This was actually one of the first few BB cushions I've tried, the second one to be precise. And I just realised I didn't actually do up the review for this on this space (oops). I found the pictures I took ages ago and here I am, finally typing out my thoughts on this product. So let's go.




One of the more highly raved BB cushions has to be the one from Laneige and more specifically in the Pore Control formulation. The good thing about purchasing BB cushions from Laneige is that although they are a tad more expensive than other brands, it does come with a refill which makes it pretty value for money if you're asking me. I bought mine in the shade No. 13 True Beige which is the lightest shade they have (when I bought it). It also contains  SPF 50+ PA+++.


1. Pore Control
Pore Purifying Complex™ refines the pores and strengthens skin's natural resistance.

2. Semi-matt Finish
Contains powerful Dual Powder Formula that keeps skin soft and smooth to the touch with a lasting semi-matte finish.

3. Long Lasting
Anti-darkening Powder keeps the formula true to its colour regardless of how long it was worn.

4. UV Protection
Anti-darkening Powder keeps the formula true to its colour regardless of how long it was worn.

5. Cooling Sensation
The cooling effect refreshes skin as soon as it is applied.

6. Pore Coverage
The elastic Silicone Elastomer and Soft Focus Powder conceal the pores.

How to use:
Step 1. Take a small amount of the product with the puff and gently stroke along skin texture; gently dab to improve the finish. Apply another layer for more coverage.
Step 2. If the product does not seep out when you press down on the cushion, replace the empty cartridge with a refill.

How to replace the cartridge:
Close the product completely and turn it upside down. Press the bottom of the container with both hands to remove the empty cartridge.

How to maintain the puff:
Keep the puff clean at all times. Use lukewarm water mixed with a small amount of neutral cleaning agent and gently massage the puff to clean. Rinse thoroughly, squeeze the moisture out, and dry completely in a cool shade to prolong use.

(Credit: x)


This BB cushion comes in your typical compact with a pastel blue top and silver sides. I actually really like the look of this compact, I think it is one of the prettier ones. It also comes with a dark blue puff and a cushion soaked with the product inside. When you first open it, the cushion is protected with a seal to ensure that the makeup in the cushion remains fresh and doesn't dry up.

What I love about BB cushions is how easy they are to use. Whilst it takes some time to get used to patting the puff all over your face, once you do, it is such a fast and easy way to apply makeup onto the face. I haven't had any streakiness whatsoever since I started using BB cushions.


The colour of the foundation in the cushion looks darker than it actually is and what I like about this shade is that it is a little on the yellow side which suits my skin perfectly. When I blend the product onto my skin, it basically disappears and is a really good match for my skin.


The foundation is pretty light weight and blends very easily. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all which is great for Singapore's humid weather.

The finish of this cushion isn't entirely matte, it isn't dewy but it does leave a slight sheen on the face. If you prefer a totally matte finish, all you have to do is add a little loose powder on top. I find that it lasts a decent 5-6 hours on my face but in my T-Zone area where I am a little oilier, it lasts for about 3 hours before my sebum peeks through. It does also help to brighten my skin.

It does help to hide the pores around my nose but then again, so does most products whether or not they claim to help hide pores.

What I do like about this cushion foundation is that it does not really oxidise on my face. It looks great on my skin even after 6 hours of wear and it doesn't make my skin look dull or dark at all. I can't say the same for all the cushion foundations I have tried.


This cushion gives a medium coverage which is decent for covering up the redness on my face and most of my acne scars and spot. I need a bit more concealer for the more stubborn spots and my dark eye circles but all in all, I think a medium coverage is pretty great.

The photos below were taken without concealer and powder. You can still see some of spots on my right cheek and a bit on my chin but all in all I was pretty impressed!


Overall:

PROS:

  • Comes with a refill
  • Semi-matte finish
  • Lasts 5-6 hours on my skin
  • Lightweight texture
  • Medium coverage
  • Does not break me out
  • Pretty affordable
  • Shade matches my skin
  • Does not oxidise or darken on my skin
  • Brightens skin tone
  • Reduces redness
  • Easy and convenient to use


CONS:

  • Not entirely suitable for people with oily skin
  • No noticeable cooling sensation 


I really like this cushion foundation I think it is great for people with normal/combination skin. Even people with dry skin can use this, although it would be best to first apply a hydrating moisturiser or primer before applying this. I don't think people with oily skin will find that this does much in controlling oil because my T-Zone whilst is the oiliest part of my face, isn't that oily either and my sebum still manages to peek through.

I think it pretty much does all it sets out to do and I really like how it brightens up my skin. At the moment I wouldn't repurchase it simply because I still have the refill and also a ton of other cushion foundations to get through but I probably would if I don't find a better one!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...