Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Review | COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad


The downside with travelling so much and living in different time zones every week is that my face goes crazy with break outs. I have not had such bad break outs on my face for about 3 years and it was driving me nuts. So while I was in Korea, I went and got myself some products from the brand COSRX in a bid to help sort out the situation going on on my face. One of the products I picked up was the One Step Pimple Clear Pad and I have to say that so far I'm really liking it.

The One Step Pimple Clear Pads reduces acne breakouts and promotes clearer skin. It promotes the exfoliation of dead surface cells resulting in enhanced cellular renewal with Betaine salicylate. It leaves skin cleaner, clearer and blemish free.



How to use:

  • Use the pad to wipe the entire affected area one to three times daily
  • Apply one pad to clean, dry skin in circular motions from forehead to neck
  • Continue until pad feels dry
  • Do not leave pad on skin for extended period of time
  • Do not rinse after use. Tighten cap on jar after use to prevent pads from drying out


The pads come in a white plastic tub like this and there are 70 pads which are pre-soaked with the products inside. Because the pads are pre-soaked, there's no other liquid in the tub which is great because it reduces the chances of spillage. However, this makes it important to make sure that after each use, the cover is properly screwed back to prevent the pads from drying out.

The pads are stacked up in one row and it doesn't come with tiny tongs or any tools to help remove one pad from the rest so that is one thing that could have been done better but to be honest, it isn't hard to remove one pad from the rest so I'm just nit picking.

There is a herbal scent to the pads but it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it makes me feel like the ingredients in the pads are doing my skin a world of good. The scent isn't really overpowering anyway and it doesn't linger on the skin either.


(Side note: The picture on the top of the container is amazingly funny and cute at the same time!)

According to the recommended usage, you're supposed to use this 1-3 times daily but because I have dry skin, I actually use this once every two days to help control the acne. When my face is breaking out like crazy and I have painful bumps all over, I use it once a day, usually at night.

Please take note to use sun screen after using this product because using exfoliants like this will make your skin more sensitive to the sun and will cause peeling if you don't wear sufficient sun screen. Also, try to avoid direct sunlight if you can!


The pads come with 2 sides, one coarser side with the round bumps on it (first picture) and the other side is smoother (second picture). What I usually do is to first use the coarser side to gently exfoliate my skin then use the smoother side to sweep more of the product onto my skin. After doing so, I'll leave the pad on any areas of my face which is particularly bumpy for about 1-2 minutes (or however long I feel like doing so) before patting my face with my hands and then moving on to my next skin care item.


Overall:

PROS:

  • Reduce redness on the face
  • Helped calm down my skin
  • Does not break me out
  • Easy and convenient to use
  • Heals spots
  • Cute packaging
  • Reduce breakouts
  • Helps to remove makeup



CONS:

  • A bit drying
  • Didn't deliver immediate results (but I wasn't expecting it to)


As a whole, I feel like if you are expecting immediate results, this won't be the product for you. When I first started using this, my face was horrible, even SH got a shock at how bad my skin became. But over the course of 2 weeks, my skin calmed down a lot. This doesn't deliver results immediately but throughout the 2 weeks, the redness on my face has reduced, most of the bumps have flattened noticeably and I haven't had any new spots form on my face.

I can't say it has helped reduce the formation of black heads on my face but as a product focusing on clearing pimples, I have to say that this definitely work for my skin. I will have to try this product out longer to see if it continues to work for my skin but as of right now, I am incredibly pleased with this.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...