Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Review | The Face Shop Face It Concealer Dual Veil


I have always felt that base makeup is a lot more important to me than point makeup because if you have seen my skin in real life, you'll know that I have quite a few acne scars on my cheeks, and the random spot here and there. While I love my bb creams and cushion foundations, these base makeup products do not give the highest coverage so I always have to go over my blemishes with concealer.

On Get It Beauty which is a Korean talkshow, the Face It Concealer Dual Veil from The Face Shop actually came in first in the blind test for concealers. I was intrigued and I wanted to try it for myself so here's my thoughts on this product.






On the packaging, it says that it is the perfect duo of liquid and cream stick concealers for flawless skin. The dual concealer makes blemished skin look flawless. Smart seed provides excellent adherence for a look that lasts.

Directions:

  • Cover Stick - Covers spot areas
  • Liquid Concealer - Provides natural coverage over wide areas

Before or after wearing makeup, apply the dual concealer to spots, freckles, or areas with acne and gently spread to make it look natural.

What is smart seed?
Smart seed is a complex of natural ingredients obtained from pristine areas of the world. It makes skin smooth and bright by improving skin tone, texture, and radiance in a smart way.

The shade I got is V107 which is the lightest shade that I saw at the counters.



The reason why it's called Dual Veil is because while most concealers come in either stick or liquid (or tubes, or pots), this concealer comes in both stick and liquid. I like to use the stick part for my blemishes and the liquid part for my under eyes but you can use it in any way you so wish to.

The stick side is shaped like a lipstick and the applicator on the liquid side is shaped as a lip gloss so application with either side is really precise and convenient.


The stick side is very creamy and blends very easily. The coverage I would say is low to medium, but is buildable. It has a slight floral scent and I love to use it to cover my acne and scars. I usually like to layer on the concealer twice to fully cover my blemishes.

The liquid side has a medium coverage and is slightly lighter in colour than the stick side. This makes it perfect to brighten those dark eye circles. It blends like a dream, and does not cake. Surprisingly though, this side doesn't have a scent though. 

You can see the swatches of the two sides of concealer in the photo below. The top is the stick side and the bottom is the liquid side. 


Overall:

PROS:
  • Easy to use
  • 2-in-1 product 
  • Blends easily
  • Travel friendly
  • Buildable 
  • Medium coverage
  • Good for brightening up dark eye circles

CONS:
  • Stick concealer finishes faster than liquid

I have to say that I had mixed feelings about this product at the start. I've actually finished one of these concealers before but I think it was in an older formulation because the packaging is different and the formulation was different as well, although both are under the same name.

This formulation is a lot better and the coverage is a lot better as well which makes me like it a lot more than the older one. The only gripe I have with this is that the stick concealer finishes up a lot faster than the liquid side, but that may be because I use the stick side a lot more. All in all, I like this concealer and I like the concept of having 2 products in one.

1 comment:

Sunnyღ said...

This concealer looks so promosing! It's so cool that it has a stick AND liquid side >w<
Love your blog btw - XX - http://xsunbunx.blogspot.com/

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...