Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Review | Innisfree Smart Foundation | Long Lasting


I have done a previous review on another of Innisfree's Smart Foundations and it is the one in Perfect Cover. I was intrigued with the whole idea behind the Smart Foundation line and I got another one to try and it is in the Long Lasting formulation. If you don't already know, I work pretty long hours (8-14.5h) depending on what shifts I have to do so one thing I always look out for is the lasting power of foundations. I can't be bothered with the hassle of touching up my makeup so this foundation definitely stood out with its promises of lasting long on the face.



So let's talk specifics. This foundation promises to be a long last foundation formulated to encourage excellent adherence to your complexion while leaving your skin looking smooth and sleek all day.

Directions: Apply an appropriate amount and evenly smooth over face. Gently pat to finish.

It contains SPF 30 and is PA++.

  • Jeju mineral powder
  • Jeju green tea
  • Long lasting
  • Smooth Fit
  • Natural coverage


It comes in a squeeze tube and contains only 15ml. 15ml sounds really little but you will be surprised to know that this 15ml actually lasts a really long time. The whole idea behind why the tube contains so little product is because the people at Innisfree know that us girls are pretty fickle-minded and we like to try a lot of different products. They formulated it to contain lesser product (and cost less as well) so that we won't waste as much product as we would for a typical foundation. Also, we finish it faster so we can move on to try the next product quicker as well. Definitely a good idea because I'm always looking to switch my products around to try the next one.

There is a slight herbal scent to it and whilst it doesn't bother me, I know my sister doesn't like the scent at all. If you are sensitive to scents, I would advise you to head to your nearest Innisfree counter and take a whiff of the scent before purchasing this.


I bought my foundation in the shade 21 and I think it matches my skin tone pretty well while brightening at the same time. One thing about Korean foundations that triumph over all the foundations from Western brands that I have personally tried is how these foundations brighten my skin. I always find that foundations from Western brands tend to make my skin look dull after a while no matter how light a shade I pick up, or how much they promise to be brightening formulations. Korean brands just do skin brightening better than their Western counterparts.

The finish of this foundation is more matte than dewy and gives off a subtle glow. I personally prefer a more dewy finish (I'm all for that Korean dewy finish) but if you're not into that, this finish would probably suit most people who don't want the two extremes.


This foundation is very light weight. It blends pretty well and it glides easily onto the skin, a little bit definitely goes a long way. This is probably why 15ml will last a pretty long time if you're not the type to bring foundations out to touch up your makeup.


One thing that threw me off about this foundation was how low the coverage was. It definitely gives a natural finish without concealing any of my blemishes. If you've been following my blog for a while, you will know that I do have quite a bit of spots and scars because my skin is a little shit like that, especially nearing that time of the month. I prefer medium to full coverage foundations and while I wasn't expecting the coverage of this foundation to be amazing, I was expecting it to cover a bit more than it actually did.

It did cover most of the redness of my face but it didn't do anything about concealing my scars and spots which was a big disappointment for me. You can probably build this foundation up to a medium-ish coverage but it still didn't conceal much for me. I don't typically use concealer every single day because I'm lazy to do the extra step (and sometimes I actually forget to do it altogether) but with this foundation, I find myself reaching for my concealer every single time because it really doesn't conceal anything. The coverage feels more like that of a BB cream than of a foundation. If you take a look at the next two photos, you can see just how low the coverage is.



Another thing that I didn't fancy is the fact that it wasn't as long lasting as I expected it to be. As the name suggests, I expected this to last on my face for 6-8 hours at least because it is supposed to be long lasting after all. However, at around the 3-4 hour mark, I find my T-Zone becoming shiny and by the 5 hour mark, I see a shine on my whole face, including my cheeks which usually doesn't get very oily. The lasting capabilities is somewhat disappointing and I actually prefer the Perfect Cover foundation over this because I find that more long lasting then this one is.

What I really didn't like about this foundation though is that it stung my eyes whenever I accidentally get some of it in my eyes. I haven't faced this problem with any of my other foundations and my eyes aren't usually the most sensitive so I think it's just a problem with this foundation.

Overall:

PROS:
  • Really affordable
  • Lightweight
  • Natural finish
  • Blends easily
  • Brightens skin tone
  • Semi-matte finish
  • Doesn't dry my skin
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Covers redness on the face

CONS:
  • Low coverage
  • Doesn't last a very long time
  • Some people may not like the scent
  • Stings my eyes

I was pretty disappointed with this foundation because it didn't do the one thing it was supposed to do, which was to provide long lasting coverage. I will still continue using this simply because while I'm not impressed with the lasting capabilities and the low coverage, it still is a decent foundation, I just have to make sure I top my base makeup with concealer. If you have a near-perfect complexion, this might be the foundation for you but it just didn't do much for me. 

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...