Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Review | The Face Shop Chia Seed Water 100


I've been on the hunt for the perfect moisturiser recently. I have quite a few in my stash and I really enjoy trying them out in turns to see which one I like the most. So far, I really like Mamonde's Floral Hydro Cream (review HERE) and I really didn't fancy Laneige's Water Bank Gel Cream_EX (mini review HERE). The third moisturiser I've used is from The Face Shop and it is the moisturiser I'll be reviewing today - the Chia Seed Water 100 also known as the Moisture Holding Seed Cream.

My skin is slightly dry on the cheek area and slightly oily on my T-Zone so it is hard to find the perfect moisturiser which isn't too rich to cause oil seeds to form on my face, but isn't too light so as to not provide enough hydration for my skin. It's a pain because my skin is also really acne prone so I have to find something that doesn't cause break outs to form as well.


Let us first get into what this product claims to do:

This is a moisturising cream with freshly germinated chia seeds in water drops fully hydrate the skin appearance. It is a moisturising cream for fully hydrated skin. A refreshing water drop that bursts the moment it touches the skin fully hydrates the skin snd moisturises the inside of he skin for an extended period. Provides immediate hydration and a comfortable protective film.

Chia seed, which carries moisture 10 times its own weight, and chamomile provide immediate hydration and soothe dry and reddened skin quickly. Contains 100% chia seeds extract instead of water. Chia seeds water is extracted within 24 hours via the Fresh Method, instead of water delivers the vitality of the highly pure chia seeds.

What is chia seed?
  • Magical moisture seed from South Anerica
  • Absorbs moisture 10 times its own weight and forms a natural film of jelly moisture
  • A natural seed filled with not only moisture but also nearly all nutrients required by the skin.

Five benefits by chia seeds for a "fully hydrated" moisturised skin:

  • Contains 200% chia seeds extract instead of water 
  • Formula without 7 additives (free of paraben, benzophenone, artificial colouring, alcohol, mineral oil, animal-sourced materials, and triethanolamine)
  • Uses organic chia seeds (manufactured via the Fresh Extraction method within 24 hours)
  • Dermatology tested
  • A moisture HUG system
Directions:
Every morning and evening, at the final stage of skin care, dispense an adequate amount and apply evenly to the skin in an outwards direction and let absorb. 


I really like how this moisturiser is so light on the skin yet it provides just the right amount of moisture. The consistency feels more like a gel than a cream so my skin absorbs it really quickly and it doesn't leave my face with a greasy or sticky feeling after using it. This will probably be great for people with normal to oil skin, people with really dry skin may need to top up with a richer serum.

It doesn't cause my makeup to slip and slide around on my face, even without a primer which is great in such a hot and humid country because I just can't be bothered with a primer on most days.


This cream smells amazing as well. I'm such a sucker for products with great scents because they make me feel a lot better about myself whenever I use products which smell great. I am also horrible at accurately describing how products smell like so I'm going to go for a "light and refreshing scent" hahaha. But seriously, go visit your local Face Shop to give this cream a whiff. It does smell great.

As you can tell from the next few photos, the cream is transparent in colour so it was pretty hard to get an accurate photo of the cream, but I tried. It also blends really nicely on my skin, it almost... melts onto the skin.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Smells amazing and fresh
  • Comes with a spatula (for all you people who hate tubs)
  • Lightweight gel consistency
  • Skin absorbs really quickly
  • Hydrates the skin well
  • Not very expensive
  • Does not leave a sticky/oily feel on the skin
  • Does not cause break outs
  • Does not cause makeup to cake/slip and slide around

CONS:
  • None really

I love love love this moisturiser. I'm more than half way done with this tub and although I really like this, I probably won't be repurchasing this any time soon because I have like 5 other moisturisers to try out and I really don't like opening multiple bottles of the same type of skin care product at one go. 

But if you're looking for a lightweight moisturiser which does the trick at keeping your skin hydrated, then definitely go for this one because it is just lovely on the skin.



1 comment:

Lauren Gottlieb said...

Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. water restoration tampa

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...