Hello there

Instagram

Friday, September 11, 2015

The Sushi Bar // The Marmalade Pantry

Earlier this month, the girls and I met up to celebrate Cheryl's birthday. Charisse and I thought we were smart as we attempted to think of places which Cheryl will like to go and food she likes to eat, so much so that we totally forgot that we didn't like the food there. I don't eat most seafoods, I just cannot take the texture and taste. Also, forget about raw food like sashimi. Charisse doesn't eat uncooked food, period.

SO WHAT WERE WE DOING IN A SUSHI BAR YOU ASK? Hahahah 'cuz we honestly forgot about the type of food they sold. I mean we knew that Cheryl likes Japanese food la, but we forgot to think about ourselves.

Surprisingly, we didn't have to queue at all and we got a table as soon as we reached The Sushi Bar which was amazing.

Ordered my usual Salmon Aburi Roll ($14.90) and it is as good as it always is. I don't like salmon, and I certainly don't like raw food. So this was a surprise to me when I ate this for the first time. I really liked the taste!




Cheryl recommended the Wafu Spaghetti ($10.90) and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it. I can't really describe it properly but it tastes like creamy spaghetti but the cream isn't overpowering. Also, it doesn't taste like Western spaghetti but more Japanese (well duh, my description is on fleek isn't it).


And lastly, we ordered the Soft Shell Crab Roll which I didn't touch at all because I don't like crab but the other two girls said this was good.


The Sushi Bar
Address: 
| #04-28, Far East Plaza, 14 Scotts Road, Singapore 228213 |

Our next stop was to The Marmalade Pantry because I heard really good things about the sticky date pudding there. We made it just in time for their last order (their last order is at 9.15pm, so early!)


Requested a candle together with the Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding ($14).


Honestly, I thought this tasted amazing. The sticky date pudding was perfectly moist and they drizzled just enough sauce on the pudding. The ice cream was really good too! It definitely isn't your average vanilla ice cream. But for $14?! I don't think it is that worth it. Maybe if the portions were bigger? 


And a photo with the birthday girl. Love you two very much!



The Marmalade Pantry
Address:

| #03-22, Ion Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, Singapore 238801 |

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...