Hello there

Instagram

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Review | Innisfree Apple Juicy Lip&Eye Remover

My holy grail eye makeup remover has got to be Lancome's Bi Facil. I've never know another eye makeup remover to work so efficiently and not be greasy at all. A close second would probably be L'Oreal's Lip and Eye Make-Up Remover but I still think Lancome works a whole lot better.

However, a small bottle of Bi Facil costs a whooping $48 and it breaks the bank whenever I get a new bottle so whilst I was in Korea, my aim was to find another eye makeup remover that works well but comes at a fraction of the price Bi Facil costs.

Many people recommended Innisfree's Apple Juicy range saying that the Lip&Eye Remover was pretty good so I was excited to give it a try.




The packaging comes in a simple plastic bottle with the name "Innisfree Apple Juicy Lip&Eye Remover with apple juicy and green complex" printed on it.

The remover is said to be enriched with apple extract, this line offers softness and healthy radiance to your skin like a freshly washed apple. So cute, no? Do you want your face to be soft and radiant like a freshly washed apple?

This little bottle contains 100ml and is said to "rapidly and effectively removes long-wearing point makeup."

[Directions]

Shake well to activate the formula and pour adequate amount onto cotton pad and then place over eye or lip area to dissolve and remove makeup.


To demonstrate the effectiveness of this lip and eye makeup remover...

This is what I usually have on my eyes on a daily basis:
Eye shadow: Lancome's Petite Trésor Eyeshadow in the shade S208 Fil de Bronze, and Ombré Hypnôse Mono Eyeshadow in the shade P102.
Eye linker: Etude House's Proof 10 Auto Pencil in the shade BR402
Mascara: Lancome's Hypnose Waterproof Mascara


 So what I usually do is to soak a cotton pad like this (see photo below)...


... and hold it on my eyes for 5-10 seconds before gently swiping it off my eyes. I repeat a few times on one eye to make sure my eye make up is completely removed before moving to the next eye.

I find that one cotton pad is enough for both of my eyes but if you like to use one cotton pad per eye, feel free to do so.


It removes all of my eye make up cleanly! I don't know if you can tell from the photo below but my left eye is completely devoid of makeup.


Overall:

PROS:
  • Really affordable
  • Smells amazing
  • Removes makeup effectively (even waterproof makeup)
  • Does not leave any greasy/oily residue

CONS:
  • Stings if it gets into your eye

I honestly really like this makeup remover! It removes my eye makeup really well. Lancome's Bi Facil still removes makeup much more easily than this does but considering the price difference, I can't really complain now can I? It doesn't feel overly greasy and a simple facial cleanser is enough to remove any residue leftover.

Also, the smell! It smells like apples and I can't wait to buy the whole line because it smells amazing and really refreshing.

A note of caution though, make sure you do not dispense too much onto the cotton pad because it does sting the eye if the makeup remover accidentally comes into contact with your eye. I made the mistake the first time I used this and it hurts like crazy.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...