Hello there

Instagram

Friday, July 17, 2015

Flavour Flings

I find myself doing most of my food hunts with SH recently because he's been really good with bringing me out. If you know SH, he's more of a let's-stay-at-home-why-should-we-go-out-when-we-can-stay-at-home kind of guy. But because my off days are so rare and hard-earned, more often than not I prefer to go out to some place new, even if it's just for a meal.

To celebrate an early Father's Day with SH's family, we found ourselves at Flavour Flings which is a little cafe in the most unlikely place - at the bottom of a HDB block in Hougang.

In all honesty, while this was the first time we ate there, it wasn't the first time I walked past the cafe. The first time I did so was because SH was so excited to share this place with me because it was so near to where he stays. But when I saw the sign board/"feature wall" (?), I was pretty turned off... I mean, really? Egg cartons?! 


Besides that, the whole place was really pretty and cozy!


I love how they incorporated wood into the whole concept. I love the wood feature wall, and the tables.


Another major love is this walkway! How pretty is this?


One thing I wish they put more effort into (besides the egg carton wall) is the menu. I thought it was really... meh.

They placed so much effort in decorating the whole place, why not put a bit more effort into the menu as well? It's all the little details that matter after all, isn't it?


For drinks, SH and I shared a glass of Root Beer Float ($5.50).


I decided to go with a classic, Benedict's ($15). Brioche, turkey ham, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce.

I found this to be a bit of a disappointment to be honest. I really like the sausages and little potato bits at the side. But the eggs benedict itself wasn't anything special. The salad was pretty normal too. I'm no foodie so I can't properly describe how food tastes but this just didn't wow me at all. It didn't make me go "omg this is goooood".


SH opted for the Ultimate Beef Burger ($19). Hamburger boule, grilled beef patty, sweet tomato and smoked chipotle relish, confit tomatoes, melted cheddar, caramelised onions, sunny side up, Cajun spiced fries.

I didn't try this but SH said it was really good. It is SH's dream to go to the States and have all the crazy hugeass unhealthy burgers that will probably give you a heart attack. He said this burger is as close to what he imagines those heart-attack burgers to be like. I guess it's a good thing? Haha.


One dish I'll try if (not when) I ever go back is their Marie's Baked Eggs. The photos of it look sooo good. But I've read that it takes super long to be served and the taste isn't anything special considering the wait so...

Flavour Flings
Address:
| Blk 121, Hougang Avenue 1, #01-1348, Singapore 530121 |

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...