Hello there

Instagram

Monday, June 22, 2015

Korea Travelogue // The War Memorial of Korea

Hola! I thought it was time to do up more Korea travelogues for those who are interested! So I'm going to be doing one post per day for the whole of this week, starting with this one.

For those who aren't interested, I guess you can just come back on Saturday where I review my favourite eye cream of the moment :>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was researching what to do in Seoul, one of the places which came as highly recommended was the War Memorial of Korea. Korea is one of those countries with a rich history. Just think of all those Korean dramas depicting what things were like in the past, all the fighting and love stories... 

Also, the war between the two Koreas is still technically ongoing...




Really random but these flowers were just gorgeous.


I didn't really take many photos of the exhibits inside the museum partially because I was lost in all the history. I don't know much of the early Korean history, like what happened before the World War II, so I pretty much skipped past most of the exhibits but my mum found it all pretty interesting!


Weirdly, what interested me the most were the weapons and vehicles displayed outside the museum building. I know right, so typically me.

I'm dating an army regular at the moment so army weaponry and vehicles are not new to me. I've visited so many different army camps for various reasons and I've gone to both the Army and Navy open houses before. I don't know a lot, but I believe I know more than the average Singaporean girl lol.


Mummy patiently waiting for me while I'm off exploring like the excited kid I am.


WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU GO ON A SHIP?! Ahahaha, living my Titanic dreams~ Don't judge!



The War Memorial of Korea
Address:
| 29, Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul |

How to get here:
1. Samgakji Station, Exit 11 or 12

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...